Whatsapp contact Storage

I have a query where does the contacts of Whatsapp stored?

Is it stored in the phone memory or in the Cloud?

If it is possible to sync all our contacts in Whatsapp in a different phone though the contact list is not physically present in the new mobile?

Can anyone clarify this?

I want to recover my contacts from another mobile But it is beyond repairs so data backup is not possible
But I have added all my contacts to my whatsapp account. Now in my new mobile is it possible to recover it now?

Replies

• Dhaval Pujara
    Dhaval Pujara
    i think whats app add your friend from your contact list to serach the people in your contact list who using whatsapp so whats app not store any contact detail inside the cloud.....thats what i think......
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Dhaval Pujara
    i think whats app add your friend from your contact list to serach the people in your contact list who using whatsapp so whats app not store any contact detail inside the cloud.....thats what i think......

IS THERE any way then to recover the data which I had stored in whatsapp including contacts mail and stuff
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Jeffrey Samuel
    IS THERE any way then to recover the data which I had stored in whatsapp including contacts mail and stuff
    For Android, Your chat history is saved in sd card (encrypted) in /sdcard/Whatsapp directory. So, some contacts might be saved too.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Abhishek Rawal
    For Android, Your chat history is saved in sd card (encrypted) in /sdcard/Whatsapp directory. So, some contacts might be saved too.
    I will try to configure my new mobile and post results here

Thanks mate I will try all I can
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I also don't have a exact answer for it but I will always try to save my contacts and export it to sd card. I think it will not be stored in cloud.I agree to Abhishek.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An interesting design software. It does amazing things though there are limitations. More details in this video:
This is an interesting article from BBC news that airs diverse views from young entrepreneurs: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23510961
This is an interesting interactive Infographic from Scientific American. It is curious to see the contradictions between Western and Eastern Cuisines. Similar issues arise with music and other arts. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=flavor-connection-taste-map-interactive
Today is Engineer's Day in India. Looking back at the past 1 year of craziness, we'd all agree that somewhere down the line, we're still the same old donkeys who...
CEans, This was a tough one. We went through the entries and must say all of them are very commendable. The efforts that every participant has put into composing their...