What is Supercharging?

Hi Friends,
I am in 2nd year(Mechanical) I got little confusion between Supercharging and Turbocharging?

Replies

• sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Refer to comment no. 7 in the following thread
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    go for you tube video on those.. they are pretty good. i did the same when i was at your position 😉
  • Khan Sakib
    Khan Sakib
    Thank you friends
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Super Charger and Turbocharger are two devices that are meant to boost the performance of engine:
    1. A supercharger is usually driven by the engine while a turbocharger is driven by the exhaust of the engine.
    2. A supercharger takes a fraction of the engine’s power and is less efficient than a turbocharger.
    3. A turbocharger suffers from lag which a supercharger does not suffer from.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    Superchraging means to increase the air density inside the combustion chamber.The device used is called supercharger which is simply a air compressor. Now a super charger which runs on exhaust gas pressure is known as turbocharger.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Supercharger » supercharger work using the power of engine and it leads to loss in power output.the supercharger using power from engine and compresses air and fed through inlet valve.This increases the charge volume increasing efficiency.

Turbocharger » It uses the exhaust to operate turbine in turbocharger and it eliminates the loss that occured in supercharger.This operation compresses air and circulates into inlet.
    Both turbochager and supercharger used only in diesel engine.
    hope i helped you.These points are from point of view refer our friends posts to accesses , gather more knowledge.

Constantly use crazyengineers to enhance your knowledge.

All the best.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've been waiting and writing about Reliance 4G launch in India. Just a few minutes ago, the billionaire brothers shook hands allowing Reliance Jio Infocomm (led by Mukesh Ambani) to...
Finally, we've Wi-Fi in trains! The New-Delhi - Howrah Rajdhani express has began offering free Wi-Fi services to the passengers. The Internet speeds are nice too, with 4 Mbps download...
Lets give some good justice to the aero field too fellas.. theres' hardly any discussion going on them. anybody with any thoughts bugging them bout flights? Where them geeks at...
am an alert and cool guy.....
I have read many blogs which are mentioning that Ubuntu is a spyware,because of the Unity lens. Even Sir Richard Stallman says so! Do you agree ? This is how...