What are the impacts of Indian dams in Kashmir on rivers in Pakistan?

What are the impacts of Indian dams in Kashmir on rivers in Pakistan?

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Seriously i have no idea?And i havent thought about it?!
    Any CEans with knowledge on this?
    I am interested to know!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    which river is the discussion about?
    do you mean there are voilations to the Indus Water Treaty between the two countries?
  • Jamal Haseeb
    Jamal Haseeb
    #-Link-Snipped-#

A detailed report on the above topic can be found at the link below:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Is that news legitimate? Unless authenticity of news is verified , it cannot be for sure./ Internet provides various views of a single topic and judging a whole nation based on one information source( which might and might not be biased ) is not right
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    IF India is working outside the Indus Water Treaty, then it needs to be addressed. But shouldn't Pakistan first make sure that it does not waste the water that it does get. The following extract is from an article in the Associated Press:

Even Islamabad acknowledges it needs massive repairs to its enormous water irrigation network, which stretches across thousands of miles (kilometers). About 80 percent of the country's farmers are dependent on irrigation to nourish their crops.
    Experts say only about one-third of the water that flows through the country's irrigation system actually reaches the crops.
    "It's just dirt ditches most of the time," said Dr. Daanish Mustafa, a geographer at King's College, London who has studied Pakistan's water use and said simply lining the irrigation channels to decrease leakage could result in enormous water savings.
    The original article is available at : #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm having trouble finding information on less modern technology. I need some ideas on how to make a stable tunable oscillator for transmitting CWM from ~55 to ~60 MHz. I...
hi friend's Anybody have idea about longest subsequence problem of dynamic programming. 😒😒😒
hi all of you.. Give me the names of top engineering colleges in Rajasthan that are recently opened.
I just have bought a video editting software,but when I use them to convert the format what I want,there is something wrong,I don't know how to settle it,can you give...
Have you ever met the following situations ,if you want to put your dvd to another portable device,what do you often need?I want to put my dvd to my blackberry...