What are the different types of encoder sensor available?

hey what are the different types of encoder sensor available? I have project wherein the bot has to move 30 revolutions ahead in den 30 back..i am wondering what sensors will be best fit for the job?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I didn't understood the term "30 revolutions ahead & 30 back" - Please specify what you really mean, 30 revolutions or rotations ? 30 feet or 30 cm as distance back & forth ?

Anyways the Optical encoder will work in all cases mentioned above.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    If you're counting something, you could better use an stepper motor for high accuracy and precision.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    There are 7 types of encoders:- (1) Rotary encoder or Shaft encoder :- An Electro-Mechanical device which converts the angular position of shaft or axel to an analog or digital code, making it angular transducer. (2) Incremental Encoder :- It is sometimes called a relative encoder. (3) Absolute Position encoder :- These are used to generate an electrical signal that indicates absolute mechanical position, or an incremental mechanical movement relative to a reference position. (4) Quadrature Encoder :- the most common type of incremental encoder uses 2 output channel (A and B) to sense position. (5) Linear Encoder :- it is a sensor, transducer or readhead paired with scale that encodes position. (6) Open Collector Encoder :- the encoder supplied is equipped with an npn open collector configuration which if wired direct to counter module would require the counter module to source current. (7) Binary Code Encoder
    i cant understand your question completely...see if it is useful or not.....
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    create slits on wheel and use infrared sensors.
    the output of sensor will be low when slit is detected and high when not.
    count this and your home made encoder is ready..😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we know semiconductor is bipolar, means containing two charge carrying particles. One electron & other holes, electron is negatively charged while holes are positive charged. My question is why...
Hi, all Please let me know at what frequency line/mains EMI filters are designed?
my c cat rank is 1012 in DAC course 905 and DSSD course 477 are above please tell me what center is fill in my preferances
So you have messed too much with 3rd party PPAs & now you want to get your "old" repos back then check this website : https://repogen.simplylinux.ch/ This website will allow...
It is difficult to believe that this contraption is not for real, seeing only the video. Only when one gets down literally to bolts and nuts do we see where...