What are forums mostly used for?

There are thousands of forums around the web. Forum is a platform for people to get together and discuss things.

I have got some questions:

1. What could be the various other uses of a forum?

2. How can a forum be made more productive/useful to the user?

3. What are the things that people typically search that lands them on the forum?

Please share any vague ideas you have. 😀

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This thread has been started to know from CEans that in how many different ways do they want to use a forum.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Generally, I navigate to many forums of QTP (Testing tool).
    I mostly go into it to find a solution for a problem I am facing.
    Or some idea for that solution!

So, I just visit those forums when I get stuck somewhere, but if the forum is interesting and if I am gaining knowledge I would visit it more often.
    I used to visit sqaforums very often to answer and learn questions some time back.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    And about CE, I dont have to say it again 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hii need a project on networking in communication using lan urgently please reply soon😁😀
We have a lot of fantastic computer science and IT engineers around here. I was searching for some basic tutorial for mozilla add-on development, but couldn't find any. Could someone...
In case you haven't come across the news yet, May 21st 2011 is being called a doomsday. Harold Camping, 89, is a former civil engineer and Bible scholar. He is...
The Kerala State Centre of the Institution jointly with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), Thiruvananthapuram Telecom District celebrated World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2011 on May 17, 2011 at...
The number of female engineers is very less as compared to the male population. What do you think is the reason? I came across a PDF from Mr. Moshe Kam:...