Wedding season in June/July?

Is June designated to be a wedding season? I had to attend a couple last week (which accounts for my hiatus from CE), and knew about half a dozen more.

Is it because the weather is nice? Or perhaps theres a special reason to have your first child born in March? *scratches head*

Alright, I guess I'm a bit clueless ๐Ÿ˜›

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Is June designated to be a wedding season? I had to attend a couple last week (which accounts for my hiatus from CE), and knew about half a dozen more.

Is it because the weather is nice? Or perhaps theres a special reason to have your first child born in March? *scratches head*

Alright, I guess I'm a bit clueless ๐Ÿ˜›
    ๐Ÿ˜’

Hmmm. Guess its country specific.

Anyway, I'm not an authority on this subject [โ€‹IMG]

CEan MayurPathak - comments please [โ€‹IMG]
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    well yeah it is country specific. Here in Delhi, I remember, last year the priests had fixed some 10 days in December to be the most auspicious days for marriage. And one date was supposed to be the best. There were a whooping 93,564 marriages scheduled on that day in Delhi. And to top it all it rained heavily that day and many marriages here are conducted open air in farm houses.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    raj87verma88
    well yeah it is country specific. Here in Delhi, I remember, last year the priests had fixed some 10 days in December to be the most auspicious days for marriage. And one date was supposed to be the best. There were a whooping 93,564 marriages scheduled on that day in Delhi. And to top it all it rained heavily that day and many marriages here are conducted open air in farm houses.
    Lol!

Perhaps it is, but I would have thought there might be other reasons. In the US, wedding season starts from June till Sept, with June being the most popular. Correlating that to seasons there, Spring/Summer weather might be ideal for a [SIZE=-1]picturesque [/SIZE] wedding. But in Malaysia (like India), it rains throughout the year. Perhaps its just a tradition; when its a wedding season, you'll be expected to be invited to a wedding. Thus, you would have made your schedule light in advanced or something.

For those bachelor engineers, how would you choose your wedding date? Would you choose a date that has a personal meaning? A time when its convenient for everyone close to you to attend?

Mayur, how did you pick your wedding date? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    By the way Ash, why this sudden craze about marriage and marriage season.๐Ÿ˜‰
    I wonder what you may mean.......๐Ÿ˜’:sshhh:
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *grin*

Not really a sudden craze. As I've mentioned, I've been invited to a couple of weddings (and was a video cameraman for one of it) this month. It just sparked some curiousity, thats all ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let's collect all our favorite one-liners in this thread Rule: Only one per post ! Mine is - ๐Ÿ˜ "I don't believe in miracles, I rely on them" ๐Ÿ˜
Hi everyone, I'm trying to use COM1 Port(DB9) in my desktop to glow some LED's. I tried with VBA but I could not make it. Anybody know how to control...
a very warm hello to all of you. i am a new member of this group n i am associated with mechanical engineering(a beginner). well i am simply crazy about...
I am a software engineer with 2 years of experience in software developement. Recently i gave interviews in Accenture and Siemens Information, Bangalore and fortunately got selected in both. Right...
hi....can anybody suggest me 1 nice project