Wearable Chair 'Archiles' Provides Muscle Relief, Benefits Across Professions

Japanese researchers have developed what they call a wearable chair that could provide major comfort to all professionals having to endure long hours of standing or other tedious work.

A collaborative venture between Yokohama-based Kitto and Chiba University, the Archelis looks to relax your muscles without you actually having to sit down, thus, only effectively acting as a chair. But its makers claim it would be successful doing more than what a chair does- it would reduce fatigue by giving additional strength and endurance.

archelis-wearable-chair

The Archelis supports key pressure points of the leg, such as the top of thigh, the front of the calves and the balls of the heels. It comes with extra joints at both the knee and the ankle positions, allowing the user to walk freely without even removing the apparatus. The pressure applied by the chair is distributed over the shin and thigh, and this is how muscle fatigue is minimised.

With an appearance of a leg brace, the equipment has been designed for but not limited to surgeons and doctors. Kitto claims it can be used by anybody who requires long standing and provided they do not mind the heavy aesthetics, retail assistants, hospitality workers and many more could very well better their professional scenarios through the Archelis.

It does not require batteries or power to operate, and that is a major plus. It is simply made of carbon parts congregated in a way that provides flexibility and comfort for long durations.

While Kitto refuses to shed any light on the pricing, it looks like that the product will be available in a few months from now. Yes, walking around with a chair-like apparatus might not look very cool, but with the kind of utility the Archiles provides, it looks promising for the days to come.

Source: Archelis, The Wearable Chair, Is Now In Japan | Digital Trends

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : An optimum aerodynamic design method has been developed for the new type of wind turbine called wind lens turbine. The wind lens turbine has a...
I am student of Bs(cs) and its my last semester so to complete this semester i will have to make any kind of project during all the time i had...
HI , i want to know about "soil nailing " please help
Google’s DeepMind Technologies, a British artificial intelligence company announced it has moved a step further in the quest of acquiring ultimate AI technology, it has built a system AlphaGo capable...
I'm in 3rd year nd of mechanical branch...as no core companies come for the campus placement nd I need the job from the college campus...mentioned IT companies come and hire...