Video upload for php website

I am working on a multimedia website n d requirement of d admin is to upload the videos and its related videos too.n I m not able to understand which open source media player to use n how???

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've heard a few good things about Miro video player which is totally free for about 500 videos. Check out their website: #-Link-Snipped-# . I think that'd solve the problem you're working on. Let us know if you need further help.

You might also look at the FlowPlayer : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • khushboo goplani
    khushboo goplani
    Instead of using other media players can i use Youtube???? what is youtube API and how should i use it ????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    khushboo goplani
    Instead of using other media players can i use Youtube???? what is youtube API and how should i use it ????
    It totally depends on what your needs are. YouTube is great and you can of course upload your videos directly to YouTube - if your admins allow that. Once a video is uploaded to YouTube, you could simply use the embed code in your HTML pages to display the video.

I think it'd be better if you could describe what you are trying to achieve a bit in more detail.
  • khushboo goplani
    khushboo goplani
    The_Big_K
    It totally depends on what your needs are. YouTube is great and you can of course upload your videos directly to YouTube - if your admins allow that. Once a video is uploaded to YouTube, you could simply use the embed code in your HTML pages to display the video.

I think it'd be better if you could describe what you are trying to achieve a bit in more detail.
    Actually my client is a journalist n he wants to upload the shows and the latest news and we want him to upload the videos by himself and the same will b affected to his website and he even wants to load the other episodes of his shows in front of the show being played....
    You will be more clear if u
    visit... #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If your client had no issues uploading his videos to YouTube, then the job becomes very simple - simply upload to YouTube and get the embed code.

If he wants to be in complete control of his content, then you will have to use an open source or commercial video player like Miro or FlowPlayer. I'm sure the documentation available on both the websites is pretty comprehensive to use those players on any website.

However, to me, uploading content to YouTube seems a better and easier option.
  • khushboo goplani
    khushboo goplani
    The_Big_K
    If your client had no issues uploading his videos to YouTube, then the job becomes very simple - simply upload to YouTube and get the embed code.

If he wants to be in complete control of his content, then you will have to use an open source or commercial video player like Miro or FlowPlayer. I'm sure the documentation available on both the websites is pretty comprehensive to use those players on any website.

However, to me, uploading content to YouTube seems a better and easier option.
    Do you hv ny idea abt how to store links of youtube in phpmysql????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i have a mini project 'ROOM NOISE DETECTOR',please anybody have any idea about how to design it.please it's very urgent.please..
i'm Harshita Chopra.. i'm doing my engg. from sec, sriganganagar (rajasthan) in computer science discipline..
The latest Gartner report says that Indian Government will spend $6.9 billion on telecom and software in 2013. The spend is approximately 10% greater than in 2012. Most of the...
I recently installed a new ubuntu 12.10 triple boot with windows 8 and windows 7 on my dell inspiron SE 7520. It seemed to be working fine until I used...
is there any instrument made by which charging of cell phones can be done from distant place??i mean to say we switch on device at one place and charging gets...