tomcat6 Jmeter not working

Hello Guys,

Im new to Tomcat and am trying setup Jmeter working..guess Im missing something here. I have downloaded the binaries and have a default install I trying to run the ./jmeter.sh but get the following error. (operating system in linux) I get the following error

./jmeter.sh: line 31: java: command not found

I see that jmeter.sh has only this uncommented line in it ( line 31) all the others are commented.

java $JVM_ARGS -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true -jar `dirname $0`/ApacheJMeter.jar "$@"

If I need to setup the JAVA_HOME and other options where do I set it?
I need to get this running.

Appreciate your help!

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi,

Well, I am not sure about its full information but man, I could not see $SERVER variable in your jmeter.sh file. My file [in Windows] has following uncommented information

SERVER=-server
    java $SERVER $JVM_ARGS -jar `dirname $0`/ApacheJMeter.jar "$@"
    Regarding JAVA_HOME variable, that you can set as an Environment variable.Try it.

[Update: Check 2.3 and 2.4 section infollowing link. Don't change any files yourself. Simply download the binaries and set paths and run as mentioned by them based on your OS. #-Link-Snipped-#
    ]

PS: When your jmeter works, please share here also.

Thanks !
  • prasad2703
    prasad2703
    Thanks for your reply Shalini.

The sever="-server" is set in the jmeter file not in the jmeter.sh here are the uncommented lines in the file "jmeter" by default.

HEAP="-Xms512m -Xmx512m"
    NEW="-XX:NewSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m"
    TENURING="-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=2"
    RMIGC="-Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=600000"
    PERM="-XX😛ermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=64m"
    DUMP="-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError"
    SERVER="-server"
    ARGS="$SERVER $DUMP $HEAP $NEW $SURVIVOR $TENURING $EVACUATION $RMIGC $PERM"
    java $ARGS $JVM_ARGS -jar `dirname $0`/ApacheJMeter.jar "$@"

I still havent got this running. :-(

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai, Find GATE question papers and practice tests at . Its a free resource. Register to get access to the information.
Hello everyone, i'm a student of mechanical engineering in pre-final year. me and my friends have decided to make a project on valved pulse-jet. evenhough i got a lot of...
Is there any Instrumentetion or control engineers working on YOKOGAWA DCS systems😀
Hae you read"THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI" by Robin Sharma?Did you like it.share your views.😒😁
plz explain about matlab😕