The Python Programming Discussion

Lets use this thread to discuss everything about Python. Coding discussions, latest news and learning new libraries!

Here is one good video about Twisted:

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    ๐Ÿ˜

here goes a pymap for anyone who wants to learn.
    Yes , scapy and paramiko are missing (or i cant find them) but this pretty much covers the packages .

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Start sharing some code and then discuss it, people. Videos and tutorials are okay; but they don't turn you into a Python coder ๐Ÿ˜€ . Let's get down to the ground and add discuss some code.
  • avi2
    avi2
    ^I did post my code here: #-Link-Snipped-#

isn't getting the response it deserves ๐Ÿ˜›
  • avi2
    avi2
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • avi2
    avi2
    seems people here are not interested in python and most of the threads in section are non-python :'(
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    avi2
    seems people here are not interested in python and most of the threads in section are non-python :'(
    You can start discussion/technical debate. I am quite sure there are some python enthusiasts who will reply your threads.
  • Dennis Ighowho
    Dennis Ighowho
    is python a high level language?
    what does it use a compiler/interpreter?
    how do i get and install the IDE on my system? because i am currently on a program at alison.com learning python...any help will be ok..tankz
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    i am trying to learn python from quite a few days.. but i'm confused where to start. please guide me in this. i know how to write programs in c, as we try in our colleges. i never tried them using IDEs
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    #-Link-Snipped-# : the post about type annotations got me thinking about duck-typing in python ( what I don't understand yet) and spend good time reading about it. Unless there is anything to extend the existing discussion, I generally refrain from posting.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Dennis Ighowho
    is python a high level language?
    what does it use a compiler/interpreter?
    how do i get and install the IDE on my system? because i am currently on a program at alison.com learning python...any help will be ok..tankz
    python is an interpreter. if you have a BSD OS, python IDLE should be in built. windows - as usual lacks here and you will have to install from python.org
    python3 is little different from python2 and be wary of the same.
  • avi2
    avi2
    durga
    #-Link-Snipped-# : the post about type annotations got me thinking about duck-typing in python ( what I don't understand yet) and spend good time reading about it. Unless there is anything to extend the existing discussion, I generally refrain from posting.
    okay, but do post anything related to python ๐Ÿ˜€

Django 1.7 released ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I am more of a inter-networking person with very little exposure to html and css- that is the maximum I ever ventured into web technologies . BTW, have you ever worked on twisted? I want to get started with it soon.
  • avi2
    avi2
    Yes, but merely as a beginner. But I love Tornado though
  • avii
    avii
    There is an interesting backstory about Tornado and Twisted, let me find the good rant...

basically, Twisted guys were super pissed why Friendfeed (now acquired by Facebook) developed similar framework instead of contributing to Twisted. I think it was in 2011.

Now Tornado has grown so much, its fully mature and high performance framework. Recently Tornado 4.0 was launched.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    interesting, found a post on SOF which compares both including others as gevent,

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • avii
    avii
    ^Glyph on SOF is the creator of Twisted and he was the one who was angry.

I wouldn't go into comparing performances, however I would say if you are beginner go with Tornado, then Gevent or Twisted.
  • avii
    avii
    and yeah, check Cyclone its Twisted + Tornado

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • avi2
    avi2
    Even I agree that Tornado is good beginners compared to Twisted.

Or else, better would be Flask
  • avi2
    avi2
    #-Link-Snipped-# have you done any web dev projects in Python...? just looking for some inspiration
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    any reasons why tornado is preferable over twisted?? just trying to understand if the suggestion is based on the steepness of learning curve or the ease of implementation or anything per se?

umm no, i am more into recreating some networking stuff - like i did a proxy arp +dhcp module and recently a basic lldp module but thats all work related. have not go much into web development.
  • avi2
    avi2
    Whoa, where do you work.. if you don't mind telling me.

I am a beginner, so I might be the right person to tell you about Tornado vs Twisted. However I couldn't understand Twister documentation at all. It was very difficult. So I went ahead with Tornado.

For example, I used Tornado for this project: I wrote a bot and started collecting no. google of search results for Modi, AK, RaGa etc since May 4
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I see. I could not comprehend twisted documentation either. Tried lot other resources before I decided may be I just need more time to get there.
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Can you suggest some good websites or pdf link or anything for learning python? Actually this is the first time I have started python and now I have to do my thesis in that. So now I have to start from scratch to complete it.

I will do keep posting the code which I will write in some days after which I hope you can help me in correcting it.

And regarding your bot for collecting Modi results was really amazing.
    I did a project on Sentiment analysis where I wrote a bot to crawl data from twitter for some 8 companies and had to do analysis.
  • avi2
    avi2
    ^thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

according to me, the best resource is Official Python Tutorials
  • Jasim Chouhan
    Jasim Chouhan
    which is best python framework???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

โ€‹ site: https://avinassh.github.io/polistats source code: https://github.com/avinassh/polistats What it is and How it works: These two following graphs show the number of search results appeared on Google for certain keywords. If...
Is there is any possible to track the mobile phone when it switched off.....?
I got 4240 rank in C_CAT. What i should expect? - PG-DAC - PG-DWIMC - PG-DSSD - PG-DITISS Also which college should i expect? Please tell me the probable colllege...
To address the public outcry over Electromagnetic Field Pollution due to mobile towers, the government is considering to set up a national database which will contain the location of a...
hi My rank is 1602 in DESD.... n around 1200+ ppl have already applied for those course Do i stand a chance of getting seat for the Above said course...