1. Become a Developer for CrazyEngineers - Apply NOW!

TCS Email Writing Test - Tips / Tricks / Study Tips

Discussion in 'Engineering Jobs & Career Advice' started by Kaustubh Katdare, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Kaustubh Katdare

Kaustubh Katdare Administrator

Engineering Discipline:
    Electrical
    TCS has introduced an email writing test for all the fresher candidates. We've been getting queries about how to crack the test, tips to prepare for the test. We're dedicating this discussion for all the questions, queries and experience sharing for the TCS email test.

I'd like someone to write about the format of the test and what exactly is checked by TCS recruiters. We can then come up with strategies to prepare for it.

2. Neda Hashmi

Neda Hashmi Enthusiast

Engineering Discipline:
    Chemical
    i asked my friend what the exact question TCS is asking.
    she said that they will give certain terms or group of words which you have to use exactly as it is without any change. and there is word limit that the email must contain more than 70 words. and there is time limit of 10 mins. and also there is permissible limit of mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. durga

durga Star

Engineering Discipline:
    Communications
    humble opinion

Few things are best left aspirant's brain. writing an email?? seriously?

4. Kaustubh Katdare

Kaustubh Katdare Administrator

Engineering Discipline:
    Electrical
    I think it's still an important test. Students are never exposed to writing proper emails and I think a lot of them mess up. But I'm still curious to know what they're judging. Students need to be trained on writing professional emails. Testing them without any training is not justified.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. durga

durga Star

Engineering Discipline:
    Communications
    testing without training might not be a scale for judgment. It might only be a measure to understand how quickly can a student draft sensible email.
    Remember all those same objectives in resume - : seeking a job opportunity with prestigious organisation to fully utilise my potential and contribute to company's growth along with growing personally?". everyone has same statement , like every Miss Universe wanting World Peace and idolises Mother Theressa.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anoop Kumar

Anoop Kumar Knight

Engineering Discipline:
    IT
    I would say it's all depends on Company vision.
    Why the hell you want to measure email writing capability of a guy who is going to work in environment of Software Complexity.
    An employee automatically learns these things in a year or two.

7. atul-namdeo

atul-namdeo Apprentice

Engineering Discipline:
    Mechanical
    I have cleared the TCS written test including with writing a business email. As in Pre-placement Seminar was held in our college one day before campus placement, the TCS M.P. division head Mr. Nikhil had given the seminar and he made it clear that TCS needs an employee with best communication skill, so i think the purpose of that test is to measure that how quickly can a student draft sensible email as well as to see whether he has a good command over his communication skills or not because they have less time and more no. of students.

8. Ankita Katdare

Ankita Katdare Moderator

Engineering Discipline:
    Computer Science
    I think TCS has done away with the email writing test. Anyhow, they make the freshers go through soft-skills training where email-writting sessions are more than an hour long! :thumbsup:

9. Akanksha Gupta

Akanksha Gupta Rookie

Engineering Discipline:
    Chemical
    i think e-mail writing is to check how fast, short and skilled the person is