Startup-Wallah (500Startups) Is Coming To India

The startup culture in India might just get a boost as 'Startup-Wallah' is coming to India. The initiative is taken by Dave McClure of the 500Startups (#-Link-Snipped-#). The incubator will bring about $5 million for investment in promising startups from India. McClure had announced his plans of investing in India and said that they'll target about 5-10 startups every year.

I see a lot of interesting things happening in the startup scene lately. What's your take on this?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    No one can now deny that there has been a steady rise in the growth chart of startup sector in India. Particularly in last 12 months, the number of incubators and accelerators popping up across India has increased manifold. Check out this video that discusses Dace McClure's plans for India on 500Startups -

This sounds just perfect. We need to grow Indian companies in a way done never before.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I think more than the funding, Indian companies need a more holistic support. They lack knowhow in technology, operations et all. Most people who fund in India expect companies to scale up the idea on their own. They only invest in successful startups. My question is, if a startup is successful, half of them dont really need funds. Then why the need?

It remains to be seen if Startupwallah provides the real incubation services to promote and exchange ideas instead of just pushing their plans on the entrepreneurs and expecting them to return with the revenues.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Honda has launched a new 1.6 liter i-DTEC diesel engine that is lightest in its class. Beginning 2013, the engine will make an entry into the CIVIC with 120 PS...
Radiance 2013 is the R&D festival of IIT Bombay's Mechanical Department. Consisting of lectures, competitions, exhibitions and more, this festival was first initiated in 2007 and has been continued to...
IIT Kharagpur's mega techno-management event - Kshitij 2013 is here. With more than 40 events related to science, technology as well as management, Kshitij 2013 in collaboration with esteemed institutions...
I thought of compiling a list of colleges in India that offer the MBA through distance learning. I see growing interest in distance learning education among engineering graduates and even...
Cheminsight 2013 is the annual technology symposium of IIT Kharagpur in West Bengal. This technical festival is conducted by the Chemical Engineering department of IIT Kharagpur and the organization is...