Honda 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine

Honda has launched a new 1.6 liter i-DTEC diesel engine that is lightest in its class. Beginning 2013, the engine will make an entry into the CIVIC with 120 PS power and 300 Nm @ 2000 rpm torque. Honda's engineers have also tweaked the engine to keep the carbon dioxide emissions to 94 g/km.

Honda has achieved significant reduction in weight of the engine. The company says that this new engine is 47kg lighter than Honda’s 2.2-litre i-DTEC engine. Check out more information on Honda UK: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    People who are using honda should agree, that the honda engines are best in class for their performance and quality.

So I think there will be a huge group of people who are using for this Engine!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    English-Scared
    People who are using honda should agree, that the honda engines are best in class for their performance and quality.

So I think there will be a huge group of people who are using for this Engine!!
    I love splendor. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The engine has been designed not for motorcycles, but for the petrol cars. I'm guessing they'll finally adopt it on a smaller scale. I'm not too familiar with the engine side of the bikes so won't comment much. But it'd be quite interesting to see automobile engineering enthusiasts to talk about the new stuff that's gone inside this engine.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    A whole lot of people have opted for Diesel power, especially in BRIC and European countries. Americans are still reluctant to adapt to diesel because of bad experiences with reliability, maintenance, noise and vibration back in the sixties. But since we are in the teens of the twenty first century now, all these problems have been long resolved and it is nice to see Honda finally waking up to Diesels.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Radiance 2013 is the R&D festival of IIT Bombay's Mechanical Department. Consisting of lectures, competitions, exhibitions and more, this festival was first initiated in 2007 and has been continued to...
IIT Kharagpur's mega techno-management event - Kshitij 2013 is here. With more than 40 events related to science, technology as well as management, Kshitij 2013 in collaboration with esteemed institutions...
I thought of compiling a list of colleges in India that offer the MBA through distance learning. I see growing interest in distance learning education among engineering graduates and even...
Cheminsight 2013 is the annual technology symposium of IIT Kharagpur in West Bengal. This technical festival is conducted by the Chemical Engineering department of IIT Kharagpur and the organization is...
Thoughtworks is one of the coolest companies to work for in India. The company has come up with a new internship program called 'Thoughtworks STEP' which stands for Software Technology...