Sony Xperia J1 Compact Is Sony’s First SIM-Free Smartphone

While most people are waiting for Sony to release Xperia Z4, Sony on the other hand is constantly introducing new products. After unveiling Sony Xperia M4 and Sony Xperia E4 (LTE) within a period of one month, Sony has launched yet another Xperia variant: Xperia J1 Compact. The most eye-catching feature about this phone is that it is Sony’s first SIM-free phone. The phone is launched only in Japan for now and has the MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) support that will provide voice calls NTT DOCOMO (a phone operator in Japan).

Xperia-J1-Compact

The Xperia J1 Compact has 4.3 inch HD display. It is great processing capability thanks to Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, Adreno 330 GPU and 2 GB RAM. The phone has 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded upto 128 GB via microSD card. The Android 4.4 KitKat OS based phone comes with an impressive 20.7 megapixel rear camera with flash and a 2 megapixel front snapper. The phone comes with IP68 certification and that means it is certified to be water and dust resistant. Under connectivity it offers 4G LTE, Wi-fi, Bluetooth 4.0 GPS/A-GPS and NFC. The device has a non-removable 2300 mAh battery and though the exact battery life is yet unknown, but considering the small screen size, it seems that the battery life will be substantial.

The specs of the phone suggests that the phone may seem a good buy for those looking for a small yet powerful handset. It is worth mentioning that this phone is Sony’s first unlocked smartphone to launch in Japan. The phone costs 54,800 yen (28,000 INR). In Japan, the pre-orders for the phone will begin from 27th March while the actual sale will begin from 20th April. International availability of the phone is yet unknown.

Source: Xperia J1 Compact (D5788) announced – Sony’s first SIM-free Xperia for Japan | Xperia Blog
Via: Sony Unveiled The Xperia J1 Compact In Japan, Complete With A Snapdragon 800 SoC And 2GB Of RAM

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Dear Sony,

We loved your Vaio's designs. You killed it because you didn't know how to compete with durable design. But now What are you doing? Trying to copy Samsung and make all phones look alike? As you might already know, people want their phones to look unique. So i suggest you take some brains from Vaio design team and put them to work here. And please don't choose plastic as you go-to material for everything.

#A.Pissed.Off.Vaio.User.Who.Likes.His.Laptop(Vaio).Design.But.Hates.The.Plastic.Used.As.It.Not.Worth.It.!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Looking forward to purchase one tablet for my cousin and budget is 10,000/- INR I want 3G enabled. Please suggest which is best in this price range?
Benelli, one of the oldest manufacturers in Italy, launched a range of superbikes for Indian auto market. Benelli has partnered with Pune-based DSK Motowheels to introduce range of bikes priced...
hai friends, i want to join in an instituite which offers CAD/CAM training with placement assistance in pune. one of our seniors said about two instituites those are IFS academy...
Tata Motors' future cars, small as well as mid-size ones, will offer keyless entry and operations. The technology, called "Passive Entry Passive Start Systems" has been designed and developed by...
Hello everyone, this is Coral Jain from Nagpur. I am currently pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Communication. I am an avid reader of science and tech forums and dicussion groups....