Sky and sea

Why does the sky appears blue??? and why does the sea appears blue???sometimes other colors???😒😕

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i think depending on sun light
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    narayana murthy
    i think depending on sun light
    Can you elaborate it???
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    ok let me elaborate it
    in my view there colors doesn't change because sky is only of gases and after it there is only space with hydrogen gas i think
    coming to sea it consists of water only so it don't change color
    finally my theory is when sun lights falls on things it will visible to us to see
    so on different views we see different colors on sky and sea
    when we see on ecllipse it visible dark and almost visible like black color
    so it depends on our view and on sun light appearing on them
  • ritesh05
    ritesh05
    A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.The white light from the sun is a mixture of all colours of the rainbow. This was demonstrated by Isaac Newton, who used a prism to separate the different colours and so form a spectrum. The colours of light are distinguished by their different wavelengths. The visible part of the spectrum ranges from red light with a wavelength of about 720 nm, to violet with a wavelength of about 380 nm, with orange, yellow, green, blue and indigo between. The three different types of colour receptors in the retina of the human eye respond most strongly to red, green and blue wavelengths, giving us our colour vision.MAINLY can be explain by tyndall effect and reyleigh creterion as per i know.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    ritesh05
    A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.The white light from the sun is a mixture of all colours of the rainbow. This was demonstrated by Isaac Newton, who used a prism to separate the different colours and so form a spectrum. The colours of light are distinguished by their different wavelengths. The visible part of the spectrum ranges from red light with a wavelength of about 720 nm, to violet with a wavelength of about 380 nm, with orange, yellow, green, blue and indigo between. The three different types of colour receptors in the retina of the human eye respond most strongly to red, green and blue wavelengths, giving us our colour vision.MAINLY can be explain by tyndall effect and reyleigh creterion as per i know.
    How about the sea???
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I know the answer.
    Light consists of spectrum of various light.For example green,yellow,UV,infrared etc.
    So consider a body which appears say red.I appears red because,that body absorbs all colors but emits only red colour.
    Now Water.The blue color is of minerals or algae present in it.These minerals absorbs absorbs all light but emit only blue light.
    So water appears blue in color.If they emit any other light then it would appear of that particular color.
    Now sky.It is actually an envelope of various layers of material.These materials(Various gases and dust particles) emit only blue light.
    So it appears blue.

I hope it satisfies you.😁
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @ishu: but your theory doesn't satisfies when it is time of sunset and sunrise
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    My theory does support every thing.I am saying,if a thing has a particular color then it is emissions of that color.At night the particles are not having any light they are having radiations of other wavelength.so they are emitting radiations of black color.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @ishu: lol i think it would be better if you mentioned it before and almost my theory and yours are almost equal
  • ritesh05
    ritesh05
    maria flor
    How about the sea???
    same for sea
    :-The sea reflects the sky
    :-The sea refracts light just as the sky does.
    Blue light is more easily bent, or refracted, than red light; thus, light refracted back from the surface of the sea appears blue. Furthermore, when you are underwater the water around you appears blue because more blue light is scattered back to your eye than red light.
    You have probably noticed that the sea is not very blue-looking when the sky is overcast. Water reflects and scatters the light that strikes it; this is shown by the fact that you can see your reflection in puddles. When the sky is brilliant blue, the sea is also, because it reflects the blue of the sky
    The three different types of colour receptors in the retina of the human eye respond most strongly to red, green and blue wavelengths, giving us our colour vision.Here there is no case of red or green so it appear blue.
    I remember a fact next time you're on Facebook (which is probably now...) take a look around at the aesthetics of the site. What color do you notice as being the dominant color? Your first response should be blue. That's right, blue is the dominant color of Facebook and that is not by accident.Becoz mark is colorblind cannot respond to red or green hope so you might be knowing .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"Music is the language of the soul" Some people are not that really good in singing that's why they prefer to learn how to play musical instrument. CEans, what musical...
hello friends, i am here to share my knowledge with you about creating hidden folder actually all knows about creating folder goes to properties and clicks on hidden but this...
Today Apple announced new MacBook Pro models that have increased processing power, better built-in camera and a new, superfast connection standard called Thunderbolt. You can read more about it here.
Hello everyone. I'm currently doing a course in Engineering, Computer Science. I will be taking my GRE. But it so happens that by the time I'm done with it and...
hey friends, there is going research on this topic let our CEans also discuss about it is sun light consists of particles nature or wave nature