explaining about creating hidden folder

hello friends,
i am here to share my knowledge with you about creating hidden folder
actually all knows about creating folder goes to properties and clicks on hidden but this is not that thing
it doesnt visible and when you click on empty space where you created it opens
sounds interesting let me explain..............
create new folder
done..........
now it shows as new folder
now go to rename
now give name by code by pressing alt press 0160
now it shows nothing
now go to properties and go to customize
click on change icon...
and select no icon as it doesn't visible
refresh now
now it is finished
but main drawback is you can create only one in anywhere i mean in desktop one and in local disks
it works on windows xp i am not tried on 7 if anyone tried post here

Replies

• slashfear
    slashfear
    Hey guys,

Let me put in my contribution on this πŸ˜‰

Alright when it comes to hiding files I would probably go for hiding the file in image file Ok so let me explain how it should be done!!

NOTE: Make sure you have winrar installed

ok lets say there is a text file and it has some content which i want to hide or folder (what ever you want to hide) right click and create an archive file using win rar which results in a .rar format. Now take any image file and put it in the same folder where you have the rar file (which contains the files which you want to hide) now open you command prompt, for people who don't know how to do it follow the below steps:

-> Click the start button (windows start button)
    -> Choose run
    -> and type cmd and hit enter (or click ok button)

you will see a black window which is the command prompt now navigate to the directory where the file is there for example lets say the files (.rar and image file) are in c drive this is how you have to navigate to the folder

c:\Document and setting\slashfear>cd \
    c:\>

now type this command for example the image file name is demo.jpg and the rar file name is hide.rar

c:\>copy /b demo.jpg + hide.rar demo.jpg

hit enter and your done!!

Now the files are hidden in the image file if you double click on the demo.jpg it will show you the image and to see the hidden files open the demo.jpg with winrar or rename demo.jpg to demo.rar!!

if you have any doubts please feel free to ask!! πŸ˜‰

-Arvind
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    @Arvind: Dude, that was really awesome! Thanks for that trick. By the way, how did you find it out and what is behind copying it as binary? Does it need anything else, any special software, or minimum system requirements? Is it only supported in RAR, or it works in ZIP too?

By the way, from my side, if you want to create a quick icon file, with some picture in your hand, take your favourite picture editor, create your master piece, resize into it a 32 x 32 canvas and export it as Windows Bitmap. Now rename the .bmp to .exe or .ico and voila, your icon file is ready! πŸ˜€
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    praveenscience
    @Arvind: Dude, that was really awesome! Thanks for that trick. By the way, how did you find it out and what is behind copying it as binary? Does it need anything else, any special software, or minimum system requirements? Is it only supported in RAR, or it works in ZIP too?

By the way, from my side, if you want to create a quick icon file, with some picture in your hand, take your favourite picture editor, create your master piece, resize into it a 32 x 32 canvas and export it as Windows Bitmap. Now rename the .bmp to .exe or .ico and voila, your icon file is ready! πŸ˜€

No prob!! I actually was playing around and tried to do stenography in python and perl but eventually dint work!! ( but still working on it ..... πŸ˜€ )

You have to copy the contents in binary then only the actual file will remain undamaged and for some reason it works only with winrar and not winzip. and to perform this you don't have to have any special system config or extra software (except winrar)

-Arvind
    slashfear
    No prob!! I actually was playing around and tried to do stenography in python and perl but eventually dint work!! ( but still working on it ..... πŸ˜€ )

You have to copy the contents in binary then only the actual file will remain undamaged and for some reason it works only with winrar and not winzip. and to perform this you don't have to have any special system config or extra software (except winrar)

-Arvind
    Awesome da... πŸ˜€
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Nice info πŸ˜€
  • Komodo
    Komodo
    OK, I'm gonna try it... right now!
    I did it... It was working like a charm... Binary stuff... πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today Apple announced new MacBook Pro models that have increased processing power, better built-in camera and a new, superfast connection standard called Thunderbolt. You can read more about it here.
Hello everyone. I'm currently doing a course in Engineering, Computer Science. I will be taking my GRE. But it so happens that by the time I'm done with it and...
hey friends, there is going research on this topic let our CEans also discuss about it is sun light consists of particles nature or wave nature
Is it true, delta connection draws 1/3 of the current of star connection...If so explain me... Thanks in advance.......
QUANTA '11 ​ QUANTA, a prodigious national level technical symposium hosted by the Society Of Materials Science Engineers (SMSE), College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University, Chennai. EVENTS @ QUANTA QUANTA’11...