RPi To VGA Monitors.

I just found a HDMI to VGA adapter for RPi in element14 which you can hook up between Pi & VGA monitor.
My friend don't have HDMI or DVI female i/p in monitor. Can this converter work fine ?

I read few forums saying it works fine simply by changing config.txt.
While I read few threads in RPi forum & some of 'em melted the RPi.
Now as this is not my Pi, I cannot risk the 3K prototype of others.
While on other hand, he asked me for help & I can't say no.Can anyone confirm that this converter works fine or not ?
PIVIEW - Element14 - Adaptor, HDMI To VGA, Raspberry Pi B+/A+/B/A

Any suggestions ?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    This converter seems OK as it is simple HDMI to VGA converter. If you want to make secure about this product you can contact Element14 Technical support they will give you best specification for this product.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    Did you try using the vnc server? It served my purpose very well. u just need a lan cable to use it
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    vinod12345madhu
    Did you try using the vnc server? It served my purpose very well. u just need a lan cable to use it
    That simply kills the feel of using awesome RPi.Btw vnc is not secure at all.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am trying to power my ADSL2+ modem with USB rather than adapter. Behind the modem, in the specification it's mentioned i/p : 5V DC & this is same amount...
IIM CAT is introducing online registrations for the CAT 2013. Starting August 5, 2013 interested candidates will be able to download the electronic vouchers online from the new dedicated CAT...
we have seen that many realy talented people get eliminated in the group discussion round in a hiring process.Yes I accept that it is too important for a management position...
Well, I hope most of you folks have seen my avatar on my profile page (go to my profile page and see the animation).๐Ÿ˜ Well, if some of you are...
I was watching a show today on History Channel about Gods & Aliens. As per Greek Mythology, Each & every lord from Zeus,Poseidon,Hades & all his brothers/sisters which he resurrected...