How a group discussion in a hiring process affect the real talent?

we have seen that many realy talented people get eliminated in the group discussion round in a hiring process.Yes I accept that it is too important for a management position but how it can affect a person who competes for a employee job.Do you support my view?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    In a company or anywhere, an Engineer have to work in team. He/She should be good in communication with his/her colleague. Engineer have to share the opinion on the project they're doing together. So, I think that GD is not just for 'Management' position. GD determines whether an Engineer is team-worker or solo-worker.
    And I firmly believe, Team-work > Solo-work.
  • mail154
    mail154
    GD helps in problem solving much. Each candidate is asked to take this to see how much and what way he can take the debate into. while GD is conducted the topic is discussed,analysed and evaluated.and the candidate also evaluated from that.it also tests our knowledge and communication skills 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    GD tells the employer whether you are able to tolerate the opinions of each and every member in the GD. This helps the Employer much in giving you the right post in your place of appointment

You can see that some newbs get promoted much easily to project leads than others This difference comes out mostly due to the combination of Skills in technical stuff and effective communication among your team mates
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    GD doesn't have to be about the topic alone. It should show your involvement. The ability to listen, analyse and interpret a conclusion to the topic put forth is a must. While you're involved in a GD, the interviewer looks at how you try to listen as well as grab the attention of all your fellow participants to bring about an effective conclusion. Fighting and making noise is not an option. An eye to eye contact with the participants as well as with the interviewer can boost your chances of excelling in a GD. And don't go about explaining your ideas fast, take your time and say things at your own pace which people can listen and understand. Putting in a little smart wittiness can also enhance your overall appeal.☕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well, I hope most of you folks have seen my avatar on my profile page (go to my profile page and see the animation).😁 Well, if some of you are...
I was watching a show today on History Channel about Gods & Aliens. As per Greek Mythology, Each & every lord from Zeus,Poseidon,Hades & all his brothers/sisters which he resurrected...
https://www.crazyengineers.com/threa...to-monitor-your-heart-rate.69430/#post-287628 well we started to feel that many of the challenging tech made by UG students here are copied and replicated exactly by other countries and thus our nation is...
Yes I had stumbled on to the following website www.gizmag.com/top-cycling-products-2012/25629/ Where I had read thae top ten innovations of bicycle.Yes we have forgotten the classy bicycles from our life and...
Hello CEan's I have the following topics for my case study of Operating Systems subject that I have to submit by next month's end. e) Unix f) Linux g) OS/2...