Rocket launch stations & civil engineering

CAN ANY ONE TELL???PLZ...
1.what is the work of civil engineers in rocket launch stations?
2.What are the structures need to be designed at rocket launch stations

Replies

• Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    When I played IGI 2 game PC. Then I got good knowledge on Rocket lunch station, if you found any constructional structure, that Applications of Civil Engineers.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The base has to stand the all up weight of the fully loaded vehicle without yielding. Till lift off substantial forces and temperatures result from the exhaust. The structure has to withstand that.
    Centrifuges for training astronauts are large structures with very tight dimensional tolerances of the order of 1mm on huge diameters. This requires very special construction and finishing processes. My close friend was the civil engineering chief at ISRO. He used to relate the problems faced by him.
  • Rajcivl
    Rajcivl
    A.V.Ramani
    The base has to stand the all up weight of the fully loaded vehicle without yielding. Till lift off substantial forces and temperatures result from the exhaust. The structure has to withstand that.
    Centrifuges for training astronauts are large structures with very tight dimensional tolerances of the order of 1mm on huge diameters. This requires very special construction and finishing processes. My close friend was the civil engineering chief at ISRO. He used to relate the problems faced by him.
    sir in college can in do a design project about this rocket launch station is it tough to design it??
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Rajcivl
    CAN ANY ONE TELL???PLZ...
    1.what is the work of civil engineers in rocket launch stations?
    2.What are the structures need to be designed at rocket launch stations
    I am not an expert in this. May this point will give you an idea.
    For launch the rocket, they must need the help of civil engineers. The following could be the work for civil engineers
    1. The Framed steel structure is required, which hold the rocket before it launch.
    2. The structure has to be protected from intense heat and the force generated by the rocket during liftoff.
    3. Connection design: All the joints are specially designed for the sudden load.
    4. Foundation design: For the column baseplate connection.
  • Ramganesh Annan
    Ramganesh Annan
    What kind of steel will be used and does ISRO reveal some information about that ?

I think this is no exact IS codal provison for design such stuff.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sony’s PlayStation 4 will be incapable of playing DVDs and BluRay discs when it is launched next month. Apart from optical media playback PS4 will also be missing the most...
If an intensive Propagation measurement campaign showed that the mobile radio channel provided a propagation path loss exponent of n=3 instead of four, how would your design decisions? what is...
Helmet is the basic security equipment for the two wheeler riders and for the person working on the construction sites. So helmet is very essensial for the security when riding...
Now a days there are many places where the cameras are installed for the security purposes like in petrol pumps, Highway areas,school etc. What i know is only that they...
Airtel has teamed with Wikimedia Foundation to bring Wikipedia articles to its customers for free in Kenya via SMS. Airtel customers residing in Kenya have to use the USSD (Unstructured...