Recovery partition on hard disk

hello friends i want to know about a problem that is sometimes due to unknown errors we gets our os formated or not able to start in that case we uses a disk or bootable flash drive.But it is not possible to alwauys stores a flash drive for the os.
i came to know something is that sony laptops has a inbuilt recovery drive which is accesible during any error and repair and restore the system. But friends i want to know that are we able to make a different reserved partition on the hard drive it self which can be acceseed during problem
if so them pls tell me the procedure how to make this partition and how to make it default or can be seen in boot menu. i require this urgently pls reply fast.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If I understand your question correctly - you can have your own recovery partition created just like any other partition. I think any logical partition which does not have operating system saves the data during the crash. However, if there's a physical damage to the HDD; there's nothing you can do except take it to the service center and ask those guys to try and receover data.

In order to create your temporary recovery partition; you can simply free up some space on your hard disk and then create a new partition (if you've installed uBuntu, the procedure is the same) and then store all your installation files / CD / DVD data for the drivers etc. You can then access that data from another operating system or at the time of recovery.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    I would like to make you informed that if you want to make a recovery partition, then you can just make a recovery from the recovery option present in Programs > Accessories>Restore and recovery. From that you can make the recovery int he location on which you want. But The recovery partition we will make by our own can't be compared with that available with the laptop at the starting of laptop purchase. The recovery drive is at present provided not only by SONY, but by almost all the laptop provides.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If I understand your question correctly - you can have your own recovery partition created just like any other partition. I think any logical partition which does not have operating system saves the data during the crash. However, if there's a physical damage to the HDD; there's nothing you can do except take it to the service center and ask those guys to try and receover data.

In order to create your temporary recovery partition; you can simply free up some space on your hard disk and then create a new partition (if you've installed uBuntu, the procedure is the same) and then store all your installation files / CD / DVD data for the drivers etc. You can then access that data from another operating system or at the time of recovery.
    no i do not want to use any other flash drive or cd/dvd but i want to use the a small partition about 6gb of the same harddisk on which os is installed and i want that that partition should be shown in the boot option. is it possible if yes how?
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    vikaskumar11233
    I would like to make you informed that if you want to make a recovery partition, then you can just make a recovery from the recovery option present in Programs > Accessories>Restore and recovery. From that you can make the recovery int he location on which you want. But The recovery partition we will make by our own can't be compared with that available with the laptop at the starting of laptop purchase. The recovery drive is at present provided not only by SONY, but by almost all the laptop provides.
    no buddy i know this procedure but i think it only provide the way to store the data at flash drive or a dvd not on the same hard disk on which os is installedm for more pls read my question again and reply if you know the exect soution.
  • colinpaul
    colinpaul
    You can recover your lost hard drive partition or lost data by using RecoveryFix for Windows, you have to install demo on your computer first and scan hard disk drives, software will show all of your lost data. If you get satisfied then purchase full version. To know more about software visit here :- Windows Data Recovery Software to Recover Deleted Files from Corrupted or Damaged Hard Drive and download demo version.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    colinpaul
    You can recover your lost hard drive partition or lost data by using RecoveryFix for Windows, you have to install demo on your computer first and scan hard disk drives, software will show all of your lost data. If you get satisfied then purchase full version. To know more about software visit here :- Windows Data Recovery Software to Recover Deleted Files from Corrupted or Damaged Hard Drive and download demo version.
    buddy i don't want to recover any data read the question again i want a partiotion on the hard disk same as we store a windows on a boot cd/dvd or flash drive and it should be shown on the booting menu.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    guys i got a help in this problem that is vhd (virtual hard disk).
    if we able to make the virtual hard disk as permanent than i think it can be solve the problem one more thing is that the vhd will disappears after restart if some one know how to make it permanent pls reply to it .
  • Chinmay sharma
    Chinmay sharma
    you can also use partition recovery software to recover any deleted item or any hard disk data
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Chinmay sharma
    you can also use partition recovery software to recover any deleted item or any hard disk data
    buddy i do not want to recover data read question an replies carefully then answer do not make it more dificult pls ans if you have a right answer only or some effective suggestion.
  • Jason Estibeiro
    Jason Estibeiro
    1) Create a partition in the hard drive, then partition the rest of the hard drive as you wish.

2) Copy the entire OS setup on this partition, and make the partition boot able. Making the partition boot able will vary from OS-to-OS.

OR

In case of Windows ...
    You can create a system repair disc. This solves most of the problems but if it still doesn't, you can still access Command Prompt and repair it yourself.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Jason Estibeiro
    1) Create a partition in the hard drive, then partition the rest of the hard drive as you wish.

2) Copy the entire OS setup on this partition, and make the partition boot able. Making the partition boot able will vary from OS-to-OS.

OR

In case of Windows ...
    You can create a system repair disc. This solves most of the problems but if it still doesn't, you can still access Command Prompt and repair it yourself.
    its not possible i try this already but not sucessful. try your self you got the answer.
  • Jason Estibeiro
    Jason Estibeiro
    yogi.bharadwaj
    its not possible i try this already but not sucessful. try your self you got the answer.
    May I know for which OS do you wish to implement this?
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Jason Estibeiro
    May I know for which OS do you wish to implement this?
    win 8

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

DRC or DARPA Robotics Challenge is an event where robots from teams compete in various tasks to assess their capability in assisting humans in natural or manmade disasters. For this...
hello friends i have hp laser jet 1005 printer and win7 os. my laptop shows or integreting all other devices like microsoft word,exel, browsers etc but if there is a...
Dell today unveiled its first ever Google Chrome OS device that focuses on being a learning solution for educational institutions. The Dell Chromebook 11 features a 11.6 inch display with...
Hi CEans. First of all I want to tell a fact that I am not an advertiser or brand ambassador of any company and I am here to share a...
can i get the right source to study about braking performance triangles..?