Q. Is it feasible to go for MS(Master of Science) after 2 yrs. of IT industrial experience?

I am Computer Engineer from University Of Mumbai passed out in 2012. Currently i am working with NSE.IT(National Stock Exchange -IT) as Systems Analyst since Aug-2013. Before that i did PG-DAC (CDAC) from Mumbai. I am thinking to go for MS (in MIS/CS) in Fall 2015. But i am little confused about the career path that i will have after my MS. So please suggest me,
Is it feasible to go for MS(Master of Science) after 2 yrs. of IT industrial experience?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi Gaurav,

To answer your query - Yes, it is ALWAYS feasible to go for MS after gaining work experience.
    But, to give you an elaborate answer, we need to know what 'feasible' means for you. Are you talking about expenses or popularity of that career-option or something else. Do share your query in detail and your engineering friends here can answer a lot better.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I did it from BITS-Pilani (Work Integrated) , distance learning.
    I think it's better to do MS after some experience, then you can know why are those boring subject design pattern, project management, CMMI chapters, and cyclometric complexity were there in syllabus.
    Studying and applying those knowledge in day to day work is always better.
    If you are going for full time, then also, it better to after some experience.
  • Gaurav Shinde
    Gaurav Shinde
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi Gaurav,

To answer your query - Yes, it is ALWAYS feasible to go for MS after gaining work experience.
    But, to give you an elaborate answer, we need to know what 'feasible' means for you. Are you talking about expenses or popularity of that career-option or something else. Do share your query in detail and your engineering friends here can answer a lot better.
    Hi Ankita,

"Feasible" was meant for career-wise, after completing MS does my 2 yrs exp. will count or not?, What type of career opportunities i can have after MS?, i am just little worrying about JOB after MS. I am not worrying about expenses (as we all know expenses are must for MS) 😀 Thank you 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

News has it that the webOS is coming on LG television. Developed by Palm - the Linux operating system called the WebOS was earlier only intended to arrive for the...
Hello everyone I am currently in my Final Year of B.Tech and want to pursue the DVLSI from acts pune. I want to do we have any specific course material...
I wonder if any nerdy engg here watches football and plays FPL.?
Since now we are a part of CEAN family, I wonder if we have some bloggers or a writer in this room. If you aren't exactly a writer but have...
So, 2013 has come to an end. A lot of us are looking at 2014 with dreamy eyes and a lot of expectations. As engineers a lot of people have...