New Year 2014 Resolutions For Engineers - Share yours here!

So, 2013 has come to an end. A lot of us are looking at 2014 with dreamy eyes and a lot of expectations.
As engineers a lot of people have simple ideas about new year resolutions. It could be anything from writing a diary to building the most advanced telescope.
Resolutions are in fact a matter of debate for a lot of Crazy Engineers here.

We have seen engineers here say things like - New Year's eve isn't something to celebrate or resolutions for new year's never last or 'What's the big deal?"
Some people even go to the extent to say - "Yeah, the calendar will change, but I won't."

I think the following comic strip from Cyanide and Happiness reflects the thoughts of a lot of friends of mine -

New-years-2014

So, let us deal with it. The next year will be spent in surviving through tough times and emerging as winners in our own eyes. Resolutions may not last, but having one for yourself is a good idea, because it gives rise to the hope that you're trying to do something better for yourself. In fact you're trying to better yourself.

If you think your resolutions aren't going to be like this -

new-years-2014-1

Share your simple one-line new year resolution in comments below. πŸ˜€ Looking forward to your opinions, views and replies!

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I have Samsung Galaxy SII with screen resolution 800x480 and will try to keep this RESOLUTION to 2014 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I'll try to be a better moderator at CE in 2014.

Here's what been happening so far -

moderator-meme
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To be regular with exercise { Yoga in the morning, Gym in the evening }. Also make sure that I can play Canon Rock like FunTwo by the year end.

Update: This (Canon Rock) -

• micheal john
    micheal john
    Regular jog and basket ball in the morning, and i utilizing every second for the betterment of my career and future.πŸ˜‰
  • Gaurav Shinde
    Gaurav Shinde
    I will try to enhance my technical abilities by doing R & D and practicing more.
    and yep, i will definitely try to be one of the best CEan by the year end πŸ˜‰
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar

😯
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @those who are looking at exercising in 2014, is this a probability? -

images
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Right! Fitness related resolutions are most common - because everyone knows it should be top priority; but it takes 'efforts' πŸ˜‰ . The tag line on my gym's t-shirt reads: If fitness came in a bottle; everyone would have it.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Guys, Wish a happy and prosperous New Year.
    Here Many To's are coming for me in 2014:
    To be a good father to my son.
    To be a good husband to my wife.
    To be a good son to my father.
    To be a good brother to my sister.
    To be a good friend to my friends.
    To be a good employee to my company.
    To be a good person to my society.
    To be a good ........So on....
    I hope Its not possible to fulfil all desires. Try to be my best. And would like to spend more time with my family.

😁Cheers Guys😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    .... I will keep my promises πŸ˜€
  • Kanagavel A
    Kanagavel A
    No resolution will last more than a week...Because if we wanted to do that or starting something new we could have done at the same moment we thought of it..Guess am not wrong!!!

My perception ---only one thing!!!!πŸ˜€ PLEASE HELP OTHERS Make india better..
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    My Resolution for 2014: Stop sleeping through each new resolution I've made every other previous year and WAKE UP!
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    My Resolution: to maintain whatever resolution i make (so far i haven't made one yet).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Get the App for Free from Are you a fitness freak? Do you like to walk? Ever wondered how much calorie you loose and how much distance you cover while...
Could anyone tel me how can we execute a query step by step in sql server 2012 ?? ( Like we do in C language)
hello friends everybody knows that we are able to make pc or laptop to work in dual boot either side by side or in one into another. The second thing...
The question is simple, but I want the answer to be open from all CEans out there. Let me start. 1. I learned that some questions can get answered in...
friends todays is the last day of year 2013 and in this year we get some good things and some bad things here i want to tell you about the...