Project: 'Sonar for the blind'

I am thinking of making a hand mounted device for blind people to navigate.
It would use ultrasonic sensors.
But I think some more features can be added to it to make it a sensible final year project.

So what can be the additional features of this device?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    You can make the stick vibrate if the stick approaches some hazardous thins like tranches or stones etc.,

I am not sure about it but I don't think that much can be included in a stick for blind

Your stick must be suitable enough to support them That way I think my suggestion is okayish not really good and all
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Good idea for project. You can add one GPS which will be used to guide a person on his way if he goes beyond range stick will generate warning vibrations.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Great idea for project. I think this will be of help to you -

Also check this project at Grathio Labs - Meet The Tacit Project. It’s Sonar For The Blind. It is all kinds of awesome.
  • SurEC93
    SurEC93
    AbraKaDabra
    Great idea for project. I think this will be of help to you -

Also check this project at Grathio Labs - Meet The Tacit Project. It’s Sonar For The Blind. It is all kinds of awesome.
    Yes, indeed that is the project that actually inspired me for the idea.
  • lal
    lal
    One of my friends and me tried to build a similar project a while ago as an aid for navigation to the blinds. We initially thought of using infrared, but later we thought of using ultrasonic waves.

An simple ultrasonic wave generator and detector circuit would actually be quite small. It would be really great to add extra features like GPS as Harshd said and may be voice navigation or implementing logics like choosing a path with least obstacles and crowd.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    SurEC93
    I am thinking of making a hand mounted device for blind people to navigate.
    It would use ultrasonic sensors.
    But I think some more features can be added to it to make it a sensible final year project.

So what can be the additional features of this device?
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

https://www.crazyengineers.com/threa...by-samsung-nvidia-qualcomm.68860/#post-282470 Check the comments of this thread and you will find Abhishek Rawal and Megoing into another heated row in CE Well this is not the first and it will...
This one seems to be better than the usual solar gadgets. About to hit the market. Pre launch price of about us$ 250 seems steep for the developing countries. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scotfrank/solsource-cook-anything-under-the-sun
First look at the following video for auto-pilot cars: In USA there are three states where auto pilot cars are allowed. To my surprise auto pilot cars never had any...
I have been waiting for this one for a long time. The story of Bradley Manning and Julian Assange. Can it be more orgasmic?!
I remember that I got my first mobile back in 2nd year of my college days. My younger cousins got it when he passed out of their high schools. Next...