Auto Pilot Cars

First look at the following video for auto-pilot cars:

In USA there are three states where auto pilot cars are allowed. To my surprise auto pilot cars never had any accident when operated in auto pilot mode. Only 3 occurrence of auto pilot cars accident are reported till date (that too when were operated by human).

If these cars are so successful, do you think that there is a possibility that these will become a success in India as well?

-Cb

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Auto pilot cars are boon where traffic rules Lane rules are followed to a great deal I am not sure whether that can be brought into my city Chennai

That to if you traverse the TNagar junction or Mount Road in the peak hour you getting out with out a scratch in your car is an achievement

Tell that car to survive Indian roads It can survive every where in this world
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I agree with Jeffrey.
    IMO, there's no auto-pilot technology developed which can survive in the Indian roads where you have washed out roads due to rain (the road repair only occurs when elections are near), where you find cowdungs on a highway,where bunch of people cross the road from anywhere (screw the zebra crossing,right? ;P ), where people acts as if it's F1 racing as the signal turns green. vrooom!
    Ah! god. Bless my India. 😁
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Why do you guyz act as critic always.
    If you do not like India why the hell you are staying in India. You and I are the one who is building India and its image.

Go Run Away 😛 !

meanwhile, back to topic. These Auto Pilot cars works on sensor principles, and believe me the amount on pressure you can apply on break, these cars are much more efficient of doing that.

-CB
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    crazyboy
    Why do you guyz act as critic always.
    If you do not like India why the hell you are staying in India. You and I are the one who is building India and its image.

Go Run Away 😛 !

-CB
    India is the only country where many trivial things are challenging for daily commuters

I will not or ever leave India Even If I go abroad it will be shortlived

I am proud to say I am an Indian

Designing a auto pilot car for Indian roads is a really a challenge to the person who made this car design
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am not criticising India, I am criticising the technology that's been used in autopilot cars.They just can't match the Indian standards, you know.

crazyboy
    You and I are the one who is building India and its image.
    You can't build the image by mere talking here, we need to work on that.

Aight screw this, where were we ?
    crazyboy
    These Auto Pilot cars works on sensor principles, and believe me the amount on pressure you can apply on break, these cars are much more efficient of doing that.
    Sensor principles, as in ? How they have set up the sensors ?
    I wanna know more about how it works, not just mere "sensor technology", but with bit deep details. (Will troll,read & come back on this thread)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Auto pilot cars would be more useful and efficient when the traffic is highly regulated. India will eventually get those cars, but not for a decade at least. I could of course be wrong. But the sheer amount of basic infrastructure we need to build will take some time.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Autopilot cars - It will take time to hit on roads.
    There is a cold war going between car makers to implement the first self driving car in market.In that list Google is making a lead and announced it will take about 5years .But others have verylittle time to hit roads before google does.
    Tesla is also a good competitor along with Audi,Toyota,Benz,etc.
    Google's system relies on LIDAR sensors for controlling steering and braking.Using optical camera's is a pionneering idea.

Main drawbacks:
    # softwares reliability,
    #delay in decision making,
    #cost of sensors > cost of car.

So guys you have more or less five years.Can you beat the automobile giants with crazyideas and crazyengineering.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have been waiting for this one for a long time. The story of Bradley Manning and Julian Assange. Can it be more orgasmic?!
I remember that I got my first mobile back in 2nd year of my college days. My younger cousins got it when he passed out of their high schools. Next...
You know what? Google's 1Gbps optic fiber network is a thing of the past already. What's cool is 100Gbps Internet. Japan and European Union have embarked on a series of...
Many of my friends are businessman and somehow believes that Credit Card are so much of a danger to the society. They or their dad's believe that credit cards calls...
Well for any miracle to happen with processing speed or memory or pixel We need to replace the current technology completely And what exactly is current technology It is CMOS...