Physical Significance of Bending Moment

Guys,Can anyone explain me what exactly is Bending Moment?
I do not need those bookish definations...What does it mean practically?

If Bending Moment is high along one axis,then will bending will occur around that axis or some other?
Plz pour in whatever you know...

Replies

• madugula
    madugula
    if the moment is responsible for the bending of beam or any other structural element, then it is called as bending moment.
  • nirmal kumar
    nirmal kumar
    If moment is applied to the element so that the element bends. Mostly it occurs in structural members,long shaft etc.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to present a seminar on satellite communicaton but i m a little stuck beacuse i m totally a new and curious guy but i dont no how to...
Hi guys, i am learning digital signal processing. Can you share me the book " Digital Signal Processing" - John Proakis. Thanks !
hi. i need to know where can i get study material for "steel structures" in the net? 😕
hey.. can anyone tell me what is the cause of this error message-windows drive not ready along with message :exception processing message c00000a3 parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c.
hi friends.. I believe that there is hidden talent and creativity deep in everyone's mind. so this thread is just to know about the creativity of CEans.. the poem of...