PERFORMANCE OF UPFC FOR STABILITY ENHANCEMENT OF TRANSMISSION LINES USING PI CONTROLLERS

Project Abstract / Summary : The rising of demand of power and difficulties of constructing a newly transmission network causes the power system to be complex and stressed. Due to the stress in the power system there is a chance of losing the stability following to the fault. When the fault occurs in the power system the whole system goes to severe transients. By using PSS and AVR we can easily stabilize the system. FACTS devices (i.e. TCSC, SVC, STATCOM, and UPFC) are extremely important to suppressing the power system oscillations for faults and it also increasing the damping of the system. The power electronic device named as UPFC which efficiently control the active and reactive power.This report describes and validates a transient stability and power flow model of a Unified Power Flow Controller (UPFC), and presents a detailed comparison of different controls strategies, proposing novel, efficient and simple controls for this controller. The proposed model accurately represents the behavior of the controller in quasi-steady state operating conditions, and hence is adequate for transient as well as steady state stability analyses of power systems. The UPFC is simulated in this test system under different operating conditions using both the detailed and “reduced” models and diverse control strategies. By using the PI controllers we can able to increase the stability of the transmission lines.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : To increase the performance of transmission lines as the demand for power is going to increase day by day.In future as the population is going to be increased we need to improve the efficiency of the transmission line without having any interruptions for consumers.

Project Highlights : Because our topic is going to enhance the stability of the transmission lines to meet the required power demand.Hence i am going to decide that our project is going to win in our contest. It is the basic need of each and everyone.Without having power no one is going to survive in the world.If the efficiency of the power is increased in our country it will be changed to developed country instead of the developing country.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Ravindra College Of engineering for women
City: Kurnool
State: Andhra pradesh
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey im aravindh studying first year mechanical engineering. I need some ideas about vehicle running without fuel plzzz suggest some ideas......
1 . My plot size is 30 feet * 56 feet. 2. In the gorund floor, I build the house using 12 pillars (each pillar contains four 16 mm rods...
Micromax is back in the entry-level market with the launch of the Canvas Spark 3. The Micromax Canvas Spark 3 just like its previous iterations will go on sale exclusively...
Project Abstract / Summary : Automation in Jaggery making using PLC Sonal S. Sinde, Tejaswini V. Sarnobat, Ranjeet M. Kanase, Vijay R. Mali Department Of Instrumentation Engineering, Padmbhushan Vasantraodada Patil...
Project Abstract / Summary : The main concept is that using different brainwaves the user will be able to control a robot, while a microcontroller (Particle Photon) creates an online...