Opening a web page automatically on connecting to Wi-fi

Hi guys,
I surfed upon the problem mentioned in heading and found a term called Captive Portal.
Basically, I want the client to be shown a welcome page as soon as the user connects to my network/wi-fi. The captive portal seems to do the same but I don't want the user to be redirected to a url on typing any address. Has anyone worked with captive portal or is there any alternative?

Replies

• Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    I don't what is capative control!
    I have thought about a different way using programming techniques.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Looks like someone in #-Link-Snipped-# (you might have already visited the page). It involves having your wifi router act as a webserver as well and cater pages as soon as someone logs in.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Transistor current components (Very very Important) 1. Current conduction in N-P-N transistor is because of electrons and that in P-N-P is due to holes. The conventional flow of current is...
Numerical on current , amplification factors of transistors Some basics: 1. Generalized expression for collector current: IC = α IE +IC0[1-e(Vc/VT)] Where VC is the negative and is very large...
Hotelogix, a cloud based property management and distribution system, was founded by Prabhash Bhatnagar and Aditya Sanghi in 2008. With its headquarters in New Delhi NCR, India, Hotelogix raised $1.2...
Adidas has launched its newest accessory - a smartwatch named "miCoach SMART RUN" in India at a price of Rs. 24,999. The smartwatch tracks and monitors your performance data and...
ISlamist group of Iraq and Syria(ISIS), the child of Al Qaeda is creating terror in the hearts of not just the Iraq and Syria but also in the neighbouring countries...