Opening a web page automatically on connecting to Wi-fi

Vishal Sharma
@vishal-pysGmK โ€ข Oct 26, 2024

Hi guys,
I surfed upon the problem mentioned in heading and found a term called Captive Portal.
Basically, I want the client to be shown a welcome page as soon as the user connects to my network/wi-fi. The captive portal seems to do the same but I don't want the user to be redirected to a url on typing any address. Has anyone worked with captive portal or is there any alternative?

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • Aadit Kapoor

    @aadit-kapoor-EBxnXT • Sep 16, 2014

    I don't what is capative control!
    I have thought about a different way using programming techniques.

  • durga ch

    @durga-TpX3gO • Sep 16, 2014

    Looks like someone in #-Link-Snipped-# (you might have already visited the page). It involves having your wifi router act as a webserver as well and cater pages as soon as someone logs in.