Need guidance in Shaft Torsion Software Design

I am a 5th year Mechanical Engineering Student and I am working on a software for simple torsional analysis of shafts. After doing research online, I have defined my project to have the following scope:
> Software ability to determine Torsional vibrations
> Software ability to determine Longitudinal and Transverse Vibrations
> Software ability to calculate General torsion elements (such as Twisting Moment - Torque, Diameter of Shafts, Angle of Twist, Length of Shafts)
> Software ability to determine the critical speed or whirling of shafts

After this, I proposed to use Visual Basic to design it, but I found out that my knowledge of the language is not sufficient enough to meet the scope of my project. Yet, I am interested in this project because once completed, I believe it will help other students here, in the study of torsional shaft analysis, and my knowledge of the language will be improved especially as related to Mechanical applications.

Now my first question is: "What tips do I have to keep in mind when designing this software?"

And my second question is: "Can anyone, please help me with materials or ideas that will facilitate this software design especially in understanding the language - Visual Basic?"

Thanks for offering to help!

Replies

• Christomoi
    Christomoi
    Please Crazy Engineers,

I have not seen any post yet and I'm at a fix. Can someone out there help me out with something at all. Any idea contributed will be appreciated.

Please help!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hey Christomoi,
    For analysis you can use, Ansys. It gives very good results both in linear and non linear linear analysis. Go for that.
    I do not know much about Visual basic. I think, it relates to C programming.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Identify this former union minister
Good morning Friends, First watch this video. Then follow my next reply. 😀 [video=youtube;TtzN4pbjWmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtzN4pbjWmY&feature=related[/video]
I Suggest CE to open a separate section, just below 'other engineering trades' section. A New section 'ASK ANYTHING' wherein we can ask and answer about some of questions, those...
The 'Satyagraha' started by Baba Ramdev took an unexpected twist last night. Police brutally beat people including women and children. Now that Baba Ramdev is in police custody; Government is...
CEans, You must have noticed that in the last few days, CE's homepage has undergone several changes. The final design of CE homepage has gone live just few hours ago...