Multiple voltages from a single adapter - 20V ~/200mA, 11V ~/800mA

I have some equipment that uses a voltage power adapter that has the following rating:

Input: 120V ~/60 Hz /120mA /14W
Output: 20V ~/200mA
11V ~/800mA

This equipment was procured from U.S and so the power adapter requires a 120V input. I use a voltage converter to convert my mains voltage from 220v to 120v, and I am able to use the device properly.

But I face a problem when there is a power cut and my mains start running off the house's inverter/UPS. The device keeps restarting on and off, as if there was not enough current being supplied. This has happened not just in my house, but also in a couple of different places.

So I wanted to make a portable battery pack (replacing the existing power adapter) that would give the device power supply that it needs. My main reason for confusion is that the power adapter is providing two different voltages/currents to the device (as per the adapter rating). The adapter plug is ps/2 (like a mouse plug, its got 4 pins, so 2 of them must be ground or something).

I need to understand more about the dual voltage output:
Output: 20V ~/200mA
11V ~/800mA

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks a lot.

Replies

• raithrovers1
    raithrovers1
    A little more info is needed on the converter that you are using. Is it just a voltage transformer that drops the voltage from 220Vac to 120Vac or is it an electronic device? What is the rating of the converter (ie how much power can that supply)? What is the rating of the UPS and how much load is it supplying? If the UPS is overloaded it will go into current limit to protect itself and automatically reduce its output voltage to reduce the current to an allowable level. What are the two power supplies feeding?
    Sorry to answer your question with questions!!!

Visit #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wish to know how many of our members are from Mumbai. Of course, I know the regular ones. So if you are from Mumbai or can come to Mumbai...
Dear friends: Do you know how to find out database quickly without entering so many university libraries and search the web again and again? Do you know what databases does...
my final year project is about designing and constructing an autonomous robot. the problem that i am facing right now is how to locate the robot. i need the robot...
is it possible to connect a PIC to a servo then once reset it will move the servo arm into position (0-90 degrees) after 3 seconds then return to to...
This is the technique overview to obtain differential conductance. Now for the question: I am using the reference ac signal from the lock in amplifier and dc from a dc...