Mercedes Benz F 015 - A Self-Driving Concept Car Featuring Luxury Interiors

The future is here with the announcement of all-new Mercedes Benz F 015 at the Consumer Electronics Show 2015. The German automobile giant has introduced its latest self-driving concept car to the world. Earlier Google Planning To Publicly Test Its Self Driving Car has made ripples in the industry and now Mercedes is enjoying the limelight because of its innovatively-designed, powerful concept car flaunted with the tagline “luxury in motion”. The latest machine shows how futuristic car would be a platform for communication, interaction, entertainment rather than just a means of travel. The car can be operated either manually or on automated mode.

mercedes-benz-f-015-1

The all new design of the car with total capacity of four, unveils the spacious interiors, impressive LED lights, a wide touch screen dashboard, almost-horizontal windshields and front seats that could be rotated by 180 degrees. When the car is on self-drive mode, front two seats can rotate by 180 degrees facing rear seats for a perfect face-to-face hangout with friends. This also gives a lounge-like look to interior. When operated manually, driver seat can be adjusted back facing the steering wheel.

mercedes-benz-f-015-2
mercedes-benz-f-015-3 mercedes-benz-f-015-4 mercedes-benz-f-015-5 mercedes-benz-f-015-6

The luxury car is also environment-friendly. It operates with the Hydrogen-electric plug-in system that works so as to produce absolutely zero emission. Though not much details are revealed, the concept car supports lithium-ion battery and two motors of 134 horsepower each. The battery can be charged at home via cord-less inductive charging that enables a drive of about 124 miles, whereas with full Hydrogen tank, it can go as much as 684 miles. The car is fitted with six-digital display screens throughout the cabin that can be turned on with gestures, touch or eye-tracking that gives a futuristic look. Also present are several sensors, highly detailed maps, 3D cameras for safe journey. The exterior of F 015 uses laser projections, radio signals and LED display that allow car to communicate with the surrounding.

Though the car is presently far from the actual manufacturing, company believes that cars like F 015 would roam on the roads around the world by 2030. Mercedes Benz Chief Dieter Zetsche also hinted that the company has “master plan” to take a big leap in the sector of autonomous cars.

Via #-Link-Snipped-# | For more images visit #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CES 2014 witnessed Sony announcing the arrival of its two Handycam camcorders FDR-AX100 and HDR-CX900. FDR-AX100, the more impressive among them, grabbed the attention of the buyers particularly because of...
It gives me immense satisfaction to see my friend CEan @SeaBiscuit (Mr.Anand Madanagopal, CEO of the startup Cardiac Design Labs) unanimously selected as the sole winner of the award for...
I m confused as i m not intrested in IT currently pursing btech ece my 3rd yr cmpletd n i want to do some courses which is not relatd to...
It is hard to deny that when it comes to television, Sony is the brand that people trust the most and expect much from. Sony too apparently is aware of...
The Indian mobile manufacturer Micromax has now launched a new low-end smartphone Bolt AD3520 further expanding its Bolt series. The smartphone is priced at Rs. 3,490 and is offered in...