Sony FDR-AXP33, HDR-PJ620, PJ410, And CX405 Camcorders Announced

CES 2014 witnessed Sony announcing the arrival of its two Handycam camcorders FDR-AX100 and HDR-CX900. FDR-AX100, the more impressive among them, grabbed the attention of the buyers particularly because of its ability to record 4K Ultra HD video at 30 frames per second and Full HD 1080p at up to 60 fps. It also had Balanced Optical SteadyShot (B.O.SS) feature for blur-free footage. This year, Sony has continued its tradition to launch its best cameras and announced four new Handycam camcorders; FDR-AXP33, HDR-PJ620, PJ410 and CX405. But, the FDR-AXP33 was the show stopper at CES as it is approximately 30% smaller in size and 20% lighter in weight when compared to diminutive FDR-AX100. The new AXP33 offers high-bit rate recording of 100 Mbps for 4K footage and has built in projector with powerful 50 lumen brightness and external input auto keystone adjustment.

Handycam FDR-AXP33

Coming to the technical specifications, FDR-AXP33 has 1/2.3 type (7.76mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor and is powered by BIONZ X processor. It offers approx. 18.9 MP pixel gross, optical zoom of 10x and clear image zoom of 15x and 20x for 4K and HD recording respectively. The camcorder provides still image resolution of 20.6 MP, approx. 8.29 MP effective picture resolution for movies. With built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity, AXP33 has 3.0 inch wide LCD with WhiteMagic display and touch panel feature.

AP

The recording modes use AVCHD or XAVC S with 5.1ch or 2ch audio formats respectively. The effective pixel still imaging is approx. 10.3 MP for 16:9 aspect ratio and approx. 7.74 MP for 4:3 aspect ratio. Handycam FDR-AXP33 can trim 4K images and the trim size can be changed by using zoom lever or on-screen icon. The results of the handycam can be viewed on 4K TV or Full HD TV via HDMI cable.

A lot many advanced features such as multi camera control live streaming, highlight Movie Maker, motion shot video, golf shot, lock on AF, my voice canceling, NightShot are also provided.

Handycam HDR-PJ620, PJ410, And CX405

The other three new models from Sony boast of advanced features that offer impressive HD recording quality along with image stabilisation technologies. Take a look at the following spec sheet for the key features of these camcorders.

Specs

What are your thoughts about these new camcorders? Share with us in the comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It gives me immense satisfaction to see my friend CEan @SeaBiscuit (Mr.Anand Madanagopal, CEO of the startup Cardiac Design Labs) unanimously selected as the sole winner of the award for...
I m confused as i m not intrested in IT currently pursing btech ece my 3rd yr cmpletd n i want to do some courses which is not relatd to...
It is hard to deny that when it comes to television, Sony is the brand that people trust the most and expect much from. Sony too apparently is aware of...
The Indian mobile manufacturer Micromax has now launched a new low-end smartphone Bolt AD3520 further expanding its Bolt series. The smartphone is priced at Rs. 3,490 and is offered in...
Kishore Grandhi submitted a new project: Localwire - Share what's happening around Most of the times we miss many things that are ongoing in our locality. So we thought why...