Make your DVD Smell Like Pizza When It's Playing

Dominos Brazil team is surely very creative. They teamed up with Artplan Sao Paulo (an ad agency) to distribute enhanced DVDs carrying latest movies; but covered with a special thermal ink and flavoured varnish. As the DVD begins playing in the player, it heats up which makes the ink and varnish react - producing a smell that resembles a fresh hot pizza. At the same time, the ink changes colours to make the DVD look like Pizza. The end result is that when your DVD's playing, it fills your room with the scent of Pizza and when you take out your DVD, you're surprised with Pizza printed DVD. Smart, yeah?

dominos-1

While that idea may look super cool, it might just end up annoying the users. The only other issue with this type of advertising is that the varnish and the ink must be reapplied to the disk for every new play.

dmonios-2

What do you think? Would you be annoyed or surprised to have a disk like this?

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Micromax continues to launch products across various channels and the latest one is the MMX377G data card that offers 14.4 Mbps download and 5.76 Mbps upload speeds. As you'd expect,...
I like reading FakingNews.com - and I think they seriously got a calcium rich humor bone. I'm tempted to write faking technology news and I'm sure we can come up...
What do you guys think of this? 😁
i complted b.tech from mechanical engineering in 2012....i have no job....helpless.......
Nvidia recently launched in its long and respected line of graphics cards the new SLI facilities availing GeForce GTX 780, which boasts 35% higher performance level than last year’s GTX...