Laptop With inbuilt Mobile

Laptop With Inbuilt Mobile Phone

Hello Ceans,

I was sitting with my roommate he has Sony Erickson mobile phone and he use Mobile Master Software to synchronize mobile with Laptop.even he can talk with laptop's headphone..

So at that time idea strike on my mind is it possible to set a phone inbuilt in laptop !!! You just have to enter your SIMCARD in laptop and after that laptop start working as mobile also...

Same type of laptop available in market? if No then lets make it possible if Yes then also no problem i want to make my own ๐Ÿ˜

i also want to do work on this...
so i have some task that i have to complete...

First of all
1) i want to make a Simple Dongle type phone which i can interface with laptop or PC's USB port.
2) a GUI which works same as Mobile phone.. you can say that all display and other functionality will be done by that software.

i need your valuable Comments on this.

Replies

• RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Brilliant concept, GF.
    I liked your idea. Actually I also need this type of hardware cause I generaly use GPRS to connect my PC to the net. And I dont want to buy those costly net connect dongles. So it will be very useful to me & I dont need to connect my mobile to the PC everytime. Let me know that if I can help you or not. I will be glad to be a part of your project.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Rajdeep thanks for your reply..

Sure you help me out in creating GUI of this one.. if we can make same as Mobile Master or at initial stage GUI with limited Functions..

i will work on it if things goes on and i got permission from my company then i am going to use this project as my College project.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    @Rajdeep this is also useful for a businessman whose works is mostly with computer and phones (also Receptionist) No need of landline ๐Ÿ˜‰.. we can give facility to use both. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    First of all i am working to make a Hardware of this Project.

For that i had searched a lot for MODEM available in market..
    i found SIMCON is making such Modems.

now i have Options to Use SIM300 or SIM548

Referance: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Our Mobile works on the AT Command.

Any one have any idea regarding this i have a manual of AT Command. will post it here also.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Interesting project.. similar to what I'm planning to work on (GSM in a car ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

GSM modems on their own are quite expensive. What I suggest you start off with is get a 2nd hand Nokia 3310 with an F-bus cable to connect to the PC. Should cost you around $25 only.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    Interesting project.. similar to what I'm planning to work on (GSM in a car ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

GSM modems on their own are quite expensive. What I suggest you start off with is get a 2nd hand Nokia 3310 with an F-bus cable to connect to the PC. Should cost you around $25 only.
    @Ash... your Suggestion quite reasonable i had worked on this mobile phone in second year ( although it was not successful ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

Ash how if we make a GSM modem itself?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Progress Report: Still Searching for a good Reliable GSM modem Design. found one but i have some doubt on it so need one more. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • debi prasad ray
    debi prasad ray
    Mind blowing idea sir. If ever u try 2 work on this please contact me hope i would be of some use for u.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Debi: Hope to see you regular here ๐Ÿ˜€. We keep on getting mind blowing ideas every day!

PS: Please do not use SMS text in your posts on CE.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    debi prasad ray
    Mind blowing idea sir. If ever u try 2 work on this please contact me hope i would be of some use for u.
    I am already working on this project debi!!
    you are most welcome..

Welcome to CE!! looking forward to see you Active here.
  • sriraman
    sriraman
    I am an final btech i have woked on dtmf,mobile networking.if u need any help u can contac me
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    sriraman
    I am an final btech i have woked on dtmf,mobile networking.if u need any help u can contac me
    hey Thats my Pleasure sriraman.
    Welcome to CE!!

Looking forward to see you Active here. this will be very helpful to many members. you can share your knowledge here.

godfather
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hows the progress so far, GF?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    @Ash:
    you are online after a long time. Where you was sir.

Actually right now i'm somewhat busy with my exam. But i got some designs for modem will share it here may be you can help in it also by the way whats up with your car project?
  • coolchiku
    coolchiku
    great man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    such type of idea can be implemented wdin less budget............
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Right now i can't say about the budget of this one but i'm sure we can reduce the cost by manufacturing in large quantity. Let's release the version 1.0 first.

Welcome to CE dude. Have a nice time here.
    Spread the word of CE among your friends.
  • mainajk
    mainajk
    Hey thats possible only one needs is to make a SIM card reader and that will access the network then use the phone platform to use the SIM card via your laptop.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    Just a bit innovation, maybe we should not look to make sim slot but instead, a mobile slot. ๐Ÿ˜€

[โ€‹IMG]

This will solve the problem of removing a Sim from phone or laptop. coz they can't always carry laptop as phone with them.

sorry for the crappy image, I made it in a lot of hurry

whenever they need to make use of laptop as phone, they just put their mobile in the slot and boom, its done. Also the software is designed in such a way that it only connects the Sim memory with the laptop and not the phone memory/memory card memory until we want it to be connected, just to keep the work fast and reliable.

and this way people will have an easy option of having a backup phone in case the laptop battery gets dead, as we know they last very short max 9 to 10 hours but a phone battery can last for days.

so it will make it a bit more reliable system.

and It has a very high market potential friends, work on it and you can earn a lots of money if you are able to successfully complete it.

The other technical details such as modems and all, well you guys know that way better than me, so just go on with it and create the thing but I guess it will be way better if we use the phone itself as a modem. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Good one, Kashish.

But one thing is, we already have usb connectors with which you can connect your phone to your laptop. So, providing the connecting socket in the laptop itself serves no other purpose except maybe, to get rid of the connector.

Just a thought!!
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    no actually I meant that instead of making a slot for sim, we should be able to use the phone directly without USB cable or anything. That way we can use phone in case laptop fails, I am with the idea, just thought that putting a phone socket instead cable would make the system more reliable. ๐Ÿ˜€

and also this system will not connect the phone memory directly without our permission but will only connect the sim memory to pick up the contact details etc. and when we make a call, recieve a call, then that will be displayed on laptop also.

IDK this idea might not work exactly the way the project needs but well this was just a random idea. :\ Maybe you are right, IDK, can't make up my mind on it lolz
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Great.....
    Excellent idea mate...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    godfather
    @Ash:
    you are online after a long time. Where you was sir.

Actually right now i'm somewhat busy with my exam. But i got some designs for modem will share it here may be you can help in it also by the way whats up with your car project?
    Gosh, I'm so sorry for the late reply! Oh hey, I'm no sir btw.. I'm your age ๐Ÿ˜›

I just got a 2nd hand O2 Atom Exec PDA phone a few weeks back, for about $125. Its pretty much a mini computer with GSM, GPRS and even WiFi, so I'm guessing its suitable as a CPU for my car. It runs Windows Mobile 6.1 pretty smoothly. I've managed to run a C compiler and a Python interpreter on it smoothly *grin*

Anywayz, back to this project.

@ kashish

Interesting idea, but its not really practical to create new types of connectors just for mobile. Laptop manufacturers and phone manufactures would have to significantly alter their designs just for this purpose.. and we know that connector size is important on phones. As SS said, the USB is pretty much standard on all laptops. So it is wise to utilize existing data transfer standards instead of proprietary ones. The USB's bandwidth is more than sufficient for voice calls and its still very reliable ๐Ÿ˜€ What could be a possible alternative that relates to your idea is designing a small USB bridge so the phone can just slot in, instead of bringing around USB cables.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here Post the computer tricks and tips:smile:. This can be any computer short cut keys, and locking mechanisms, software easter eggs, anything related to computers and internet.
Hi i wanna build up my knowledge on thermal transfer ribbon for that i am searching related sites and found some too , i m searching for some more please...
NOTHING Somthing that I came across while surfing!
Hope all US CEans have a great & safe Fourth of July holiday weekend! I plan on going over to the bay and enjoy the countryside and water, visit my...
Going for some time - Be right Back!! I'll be off for some 15 -20 days My dad wants to me to study further and not allowing me job yet...