l293d motor driver IC help

I am using L293D motor driver for line follower which has the following pin configuration-
[โ€‹IMG]
In this at Pin no. 8 we have to apply the voltage at which we want to drive the motors, say, 9V. I want to ask that how can we apply that voltage at a single pin when the rest of the circuit is operating at voltage less than 5V.

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, I dont get your question.. What's the problem in giving two different voltages to 2 pins in the same IC??

Pins 1 and 9 (Enable pins) are to be connected to 5V. And pins 8 and 16 are to be connected to the same source
    which is used to run the motors. Meaning, if you use 9V to run the motors, connect the pins 8 and 16 to the
    +ve of the 9V supply . Ground the -ve of the supply. That's all.. What's confusing here??

Oh, if you're asking how you get 9V into the ckt from nowhere, you can always use a voltage regulator. Get a 7809 and
    give 12V from a normal 12V battery to it. It'll regulate it to 9V. Give that 9V to pins 8 and 16. Is it Clear?? ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
  • pratik20990
    pratik20990
    silverscorpion
    Well, I dont get your question.. What's the problem in giving two different voltages to 2 pins in the same IC??

Pins 1 and 9 (Enable pins) are to be connected to 5V. And pins 8 and 16 are to be connected to the same source
    which is used to run the motors. Meaning, if you use 9V to run the motors, connect the pins 8 and 16 to the
    +ve of the 9V supply . Ground the -ve of the supply. That's all.. What's confusing here??

Oh, if you're asking how you get 9V into the ckt from nowhere, you can always use a voltage regulator. Get a 7809 and
    give 12V from a normal 12V battery to it. It'll regulate it to 9V. Give that 9V to pins 8 and 16. Is it Clear?? ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for your help. You have nearly understood my question but I still have some doubt.
    I am making the circuit on a breadboard which has AT89S52 IC, L293D IC and 7805 voltage regulator. I am using a 9V battery input to 7805 which converts it to 5V. Now, if I use another 9V battery to directly give input to pin 8 of L293D by its positive terminal then can I ground the negative terminal by just connecting it to ground of that same breadboard. Will the circuit be complete then and will it work?๐Ÿ˜•

Please reply....๐Ÿ˜’
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    silverscorpion

i know am replying too late for the post...๐Ÿ˜ฒ but it may help to those who need to read it....

actually i want to correct that in l293D
    pin8 = that voltage at which you want to drive the motors and
    pin16= supply vtg for the chip, that is 5V. not same as pin 16.
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    pratik20990
    Thanks for your help. You have nearly understood my question but I still have some doubt.
    I am making the circuit on a breadboard which has AT89S52 IC, L293D IC and 7805 voltage regulator. I am using a 9V battery input to 7805 which converts it to 5V. Now, if I use another 9V battery to directly give input to pin 8 of L293D by its positive terminal then can I ground the negative terminal by just connecting it to ground of that same breadboard. Will the circuit be complete then and will it work?๐Ÿ˜•

Please reply....๐Ÿ˜’

yes the negative terminal of the other battery has to be connected to the ground of the same circuit.
  • Anjali27j
    Anjali27j
    sir m making a line follower using l293d and atmel 89S52..sir in my coding(embedded c)do i need to mention or define the output of 89s52 in microcntrlr .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When I joined ce I had not introduce myself so here is my brief introduction Myself manish goyal from shaheed Bhagat singh college of engineering..currently pursuing Btech in cse This...
I want to know ,, what is operating systems' real job in mobiles ?? and how much we need them in mobiles? Also what we'll miss if the current mobiles...
Today i Listened this...absolutely great "Earth Song" What about sunrise What about rain What about all the things That you said we were to gain... What about killing fields Is...
Today i try to understand DDOS attacks....SO I would like to share with you what i learn ..seems to very simple but very dangerous A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or...
hello everybody. i'm the new member in this forum. i wanna ask something about image processing. i got a project on my college. i want to measurement of human height...