Is the site loading slower for all of you?

I've been noticing that the page loading time on CE has gone up considerably in the last few days. It could be because of the new small additions we made to the site; which I've disabled for now.

The response time, especially while executing AJAX calls seems to be slower than usual. I'm working on the issue; but want to know that you too are experiencing slower movements on CE.

Testing: @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Yes, seems it is bit slow. And New Post count is removed?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I felt it's an trivial issue.
    Sometimes happen when open add image in posts. Didn't identified exact condition of it.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I think it become slow when tagging some one for example @#-Link-Snipped-# it takes more time to display name also while we move cursor to alert it takes some time to load alerts.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - I've disabled it temporarily to see if that's the cause of the problems. Will enable it once I've drawn deductions. But it's true that the '@' tagging is slower. I'm checking with the server admins.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah. It is loading slower here than before.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah. It is loading slower here than before.
    Please check if you're facing any issues with the [@] username tagging?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    @Kaustbh Katdare
    I do not see any great slowing for routine activities.
    (Note: This got posted at once.)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    @Kaustbh Katdare
    I do not see any great slowing for routine activities.
    (Note: This got posted at once.)
    Google's reporting several fold increase in loading times. I think the username suggestions the system makes when we initiate @ username tag; are slower than usual.

I'll report once the server check is complete. It's being done as I'm typing this.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# Yes the name tagging is quite slow.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guys, check now. The problems should be fixed. There was an issue with the HTTP server and I've fixed it. Will continue with my investigation.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Testing: @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Testing: @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Great ! Let me check with @#-Link-Snipped-# ! Yeah, It's faster now.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: I've fixed all the issues and have also performed an upgrade. I'll roll out the new threads post count as soon as I get a confirmation that it won't add to page loading times.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update II:

I discovered that a bug issue was causing the pages to load slower even after we fixed another issue. I can say with 100% confidence that the site's back to its blazing fast speeds. If you experience any delays, it might be because of the slower Internet connections at your end 😉 !
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# : The speed is alright now.
    I think we are back to normal.

I am just curious to know how this tagging works, I mean if I enter first 3 letters I get the name Is it Ajax?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited (FGAIPL) has launched the Fiat Linea Classic Sedan in the Indian market. Planning in advance for the festive season that is to come in...
Google Chrome has long endured the shortcomings like Browser crashes, hangs, security incidents, and code complexity due to the plug-ins that were based on the NPAPI architecture. As a permanent...
I am now in my final year and i need your suggestions and ideas to choose my FYP.
Hyundai India has launched a unique mobile application called 'Hyundai Care' for both Android and iOS platforms, which offers real-time assistance to customers with service support, car service calculator, service...
Intex, the India smartphone manufacturer, has today officially launched two new smartphones in its Aqua series, called Intex Aqua HD and Intex Aqua i4. With a plan to increase sales...