Is it ethical to download a movie 'after' you've seen it in movie hall?

I was wondering if it'd be ethical to download a movie to watch it on your phone, laptop or tablet 'after' you've paid your dues - and have watched it in the movie theatre? By going to the movie hall and paying for the tickets, you've taken care of the payments of all the people involved in delivering the movie to you (from actors to spotboys and the distributors) - so no one can say that you contributed to the loss.

What's your take?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I would love to download classic films mostly would be old films. Yeah if I go by your description, I would consider it as ethical. But sharing the film to others who hadn't contributed to the film collection seems unethical. OK I have a little doubt here. Lots of films are releasing in a year and for a people point of view they can't watch all of them in theater considering he/she is a movie buff. What can they do? Even if they managed to watch some films in theater they can't watch all good films because of financial limitations . What's your take on this? If my view seems wrong please notify me so that I may delete the post or moderators can do it.
  • Shihabudheen K
    Shihabudheen K
    It is of course not ethical, by downloading movies we are knowingly or unknowingly promoting piracy
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    If we are downloading the movie for self- entertainment purpose then it is perfectly ethical. However if our motive is to promote piracy, then this activity becomes morally questionable.

Kaustubh Katdare
    I was wondering if it'd be ethical to download a movie to watch it on your phone, laptop or tablet 'after' you've paid your dues - and have watched it in the movie theatre
    Basically when we are downloading a movie, we are paying for the internet connection that we are making use of. This amount also includes a share meant for the site that is hosting the movie. So we are not doing injustice to people who have contributed to film production by downloading it.

On the contrary we are helping them financially.
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    Downloading movies which are not permitted (say copy righted ) by their actual owners is not ethical. Its against law, and is it ethical if we go against law??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Australian National University researchers from the School of Physics and Engineering have devised a new method to make atomic force microscope probes 20 times more sensitive by using laser beams...
The downside of large scale concentrated beam solar thermal power generation: Quote: The world's largest solar plant is awesome—unless you're a bird like the one in this image published by...
HealthKartPlus is really nice app to find out the generic medicine for the medicine you are already using. Here is the link for the android app :- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aranoah.healthkart.plus&hl=en Here my...
Could you help me to choose ps form this website https://ohmps.com/ I need the one for industrial purposes
Be that as it may, a hot cuppa of the good ol' caffeine for me. ☕ ☕ ☕ Quote: Sure, a cup of joe can boost your alertness and help...