iPhone 4 in India by Vodafone. Price to be around INR. 40k

iPhone 4 will be introduced in India by Vodafone in as early as July. The device is expected to be priced at about 40k.

With all the zing to the phone, how many of you are willing to pay that much amount for iPhone 4?

[video=youtube;RVIxXBKesvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVIxXBKesvg[/video]

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Ha ha,Its really nice to hear about this but then 40k is really impossible for me!!!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    i dont think the one with service will be 40k. its counter part in US is being offered for 260$ ( and I believe its with service and contract), if in case its with Vodafone, then it should be costing lesser, may be 8000???
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If it is less than 15K I will go for it!
    Anything more than that , no I cant!
    As Durga said if it comes for 8000 , then there will be a huge sale in India for sure!
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    it would be better to get one from US - 16GB model for about INR 9000 and 32GB one for about INR 16000, get it jail broken and use it with the carriers available in India.

I have few doubts regarding this. The iPhone 4 works with a 3G mirco Sim cards only and as we know, in India, 3G is in its nascent stage and will take few months to stabilize. So can people here still use the device ? I guess it will be limited to the metros where 3G is available (with few carriers only).

Also can one explain as to why the device's worth increases almost 4 times upon coming to India ? Why is it so costly if one has to buy from here?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    People, its not going to cost anything below 30k for sure. iPhone 3GS sells for about 33k INR and iPhone 4 will definitely be priced higher. See, the 'want' value of iPhone is more than any damn phone in the world. Apple counts on it.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I was talking about the jailed/locked phones which might be below the normal retail price.
    For example - Iphone 3G is being offered at some 20$ over 24 month contract with the service provider, over the preriod of which the service provider and Apple make up their costs

The below link reflects the same. bundled with a service provider, you might not end up owing up the phone - until you jail break it. AT&T & Apple partner ship has lead to a give away of Iphone 4G for prices like 199$ for 16 GB and 299$ for 32GB

Source:#-Link-Snipped-#

Similarly, if any service provider from INDIA would step ahead and bid for the deal, it would end up in a less pricing of iphone.
    I thought Vodaphone has already done that,.

None of the apple products ( except for itouch ) is less than 500$. Its only a contract with service provider , which keeps the customers floating

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi to all, let's start simple: what should I do if I wanted to play with a couple of AA batteries 1,5v and 1 or 2 supercap cell (2.7v each)...
how to open .drg files?
hi guys its my summer break and i was thinking of building something in vacations thought of building an electronic keypad lock i have just studied microprocessors course in this...
Java Programmer's Blog: A tricky program 2 to Java Beginners, Question:- You should bring the output by not modifying the main method,The output is "Great Java Programmer". class NMM //No...
hi friends, can any one tell me what is cloud computing? how this concept of cloud come into existence? What is the benefit of using Windows own Azure cloud over...