Integration of RFID reader with microcontroller through serial port

hi everyone... i need to send the RFID reader(Promag GP30) data to a microcontroller (similar to 8051 but with two serial ports) and process the information (about RFID tag that is read) in the microcontroller and accordingly send data to a wireless device(zigbee based) using the other serial port .
I need help in the microcontroller code related to RFID frame received.
Please help...if someone have worked on a similar project.

Replies

• amolhshah
    amolhshah
    the o/p of the RFID reader is RS 232 right@ 9600bps? so you will require MAX232 IC to interface the reader to the controller, you can also connect the reader to the PC's com port to read the data sent by the reader, use windows utility HYPER Terminal to see the what data is sent by the reader
    check this link for hyper terminal setting
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zatin_gupta2000
    zatin_gupta2000
    how to do two way serial communication between two computers......??
  • magnatron
    magnatron
    why use the uC ? directly interface the RFID tag to the zigbee module. 'cse zigbee support RS232 communication.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello....😁 I'm doing final year mechanical engineering.... i'm searching for a good project in mechanical field... suggest me some good topics....
CEans, Check out https://www.cuil.com/ , which, they claim, is the world's biggest search engine with over 120 billion web pages in their index. 😲 ! Now, I'm not very sure...
Okay, Since time machine is probably every engineers' dream machine, I'm asking you - What would you like to carry with yourself if you were to travel back in time?...
Hiii all. Why do we need a summer in between encoder and interleaver in an anti jam communication system?....Thank you.
HI CEans Suggest me some really cool romantic movies of all time..........