Indian Engineering Services exam

Hello everybody,

I have query regarding the Engineering Services exam. Please guide me.
I have completed BE Aeronautical Engineering. I want to know if I am eligible for writing the exam. Please help me.

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Hi,
    Yes you are eligible but you will have to appear in one of the below 4 streams in IES.
    1. Civil Engineering
    2. Electrical Engineering
    3. Mechanical Engineering
    4. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

IES is not conducted to Aeronautical. Let us hear for further questions.
  • Subashree Baskaran
    Subashree Baskaran
    So can I appear under Mechanical Engineering?
    If so how should i prepare for IES exam?
    What are the subjects to be prepared and how will the exam be - objective or subjective?
    Also is there any specific books for IES exam preparation?
    Please help
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Subashree Baskaran
    So can I appear under Mechanical Engineering?
    You most definitely can. Will answer all your other questions elaborately as soon as I find spare time.
    Till then, you can go through the following links and ask further questions if you have any.
    Registration help: IES 2015 - Exam Date | Registration | How to Apply | Application Form
    Difference: Difference between Engineering Services Exam and IES/ISS Exam?
    Tips: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Syllabus: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Suresh Raj M
    Suresh Raj M
    [QUOTE="Suresh Raj M, post: 340191, member: 200991" ]Hi IES(Electrical) multiple questions with solved answer book and Electrical department multiple questions and answer with Explanation and easy to observe the concept simply like that book it should be cover the syllabus of IES(Electrical) paper and other electrical oriented exam also.If any body known any strong recomended book means please refer it with authour name and publication it will be more help for me and others please refer it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and came across it while searching interesting project ideas. Some of them are really good and inspiring. I want to develop the following...
Indian smartphone maker Xolo is known for wide variety of smartphones and tablets for consumers. The company has launched yet another device in this month and is called Xolo A1010....
Project Abstract / Summary : The war against climate change pitches mankind against a global threat that vastly eclipses that of terrorism in battles that have already claimed the lives...
as we known that frequency is directly proportional to distance each other but we consider an example, AM operates with low frequency range when compared with WiFi frequency but it...
Project Abstract / Summary : This project helps in communication with the hearing impaired. It converts the spoken language in english into the American Sign Language(ASL). Input- Word in english...