IIT JEE & AIEEE 2013 Cancelled - Just One Exam For NIT, IIT, IIITs!

IIT JEE and AIEEE 2013 have been cancelled and replaced by a single entrance exam for all the engineering admissions in India. HRD Minister, Mr. Kapil Sibal announced the shocking news today. The decision to scrap JEE was opposed by all the IITs, but they had to give in.

More Coverage: #-Link-Snipped-#

Whether cancelling JEE and AIEEE and replacing it with a single entrance exam is a good move - only time will determine. But it'd be interesting to hear your opinion about it. What say you?

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    I think its a good move by government. One reason i can think of is that now students have to prepare for just one exam. Till now we had to prepare separately for JEE and AIEEE, and believe me, those two exams are quite different. You cant crack both of them with same strategy. I wish state level colleges also chip in. In the end of day, everyone is going to do engineering only, then why dont rate them on same scale? Time will only tell how successful this decision is gonna be, but right now it looks like a good idea.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Having one exam logically makes sense; but including class XII marks isn't a good move, I guess. The state board exams have their own 'awesome' way of grading students and I've been a victim of the state boards. There's no standard marking system. The only way out, which will bring everyone at the same playing level is to have a common exam for all the state boards. But such a system would have its own problem. I'd object to the level of importance given to the XII marks - 50% is HUGE. Now, students will STILL have to prepare for class XII exams and the common entrance exam (CET). Earlier, they could just try for the minimum marks required to qualify for the tests.

I want to ask whether this system is going to put more burden on students and financial burden on parents. Parents will now have to pay for the private coaching classes for class XII exams and not just JEE/AIEEE. 👎
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Yeah, including XII standard marks doesnt make sense. People in state board generally get less marks than those of CBSE and ICSE. They should have introduced a common board all over the country. This happens when decision making people are not connected to the root. They just want to change things, whether it makes sense or not, and the people at lower level suffer.😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I don't understand why not to introduce percentile system........
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    I don't understand why not to introduce percentile system........
    It'd make sense only when there's just one exam.

But since the standard of educational institutes isn't the same all over country, it's bit foolish to conduct just 'one' exam to test everyone.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, Everybody! My Self Jaydeep Boricha. This is my goal to achieve the thing in which i having an interest. I have an lot of idea about the present world...
How about we have this boy in our small talk?? https://www.thehindu.com/life-and-style/kids/article3464794.ece
hot water kept in well insulated thermos flak is an example of closed system or isolated system??
Hi! just call me jazzie, im a ce graduate and my biggest dream is to become a successful civil engineer like you. but, unfortunately i can't make for some reasons...
LetsBuy.com has been officially shut down and all their traffic is being directed to Flipkart. The company even stopped advertising on the Internet after their acquisition. The homepage of LetsBuy.com...