i tried to hide folder using cmd and i used this command attrib +s +h folder_name but its not workin

i tried to hide folder using cmd and i used this command attrib +s +h folder_name but its not workin

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    attrib X +s +h +a (X = name of the folder)

PS: Folder X's contents will be super hidden, not the folder X itself. I mean data content in Folder will be super hidden.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    prajeet
    First, you shouldn't have typed all of your question in the subject.

Second, as far as my memory serves me right - attrib works only on files. But I could be wrong. I've not used Windows in the last several months.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    Don't have a Windows machine to try this out. But the syntax seems to be -

ATTRIB [+R | -R] [+A | -A] [+S | -S] [+H | -H] [[drive:][path]filename] [/S]
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Command is correct. Most probably your folder path or name have spaces in between so you run the command like

atrrib +h +s "PATH TO THE FOLDER HERE"

i.e. the path should be in double quote.

The_Big_K
    First, you shouldn't have typed all of your question in the subject.

Second, as far as my memory serves me right - attrib works only on files. But I could be wrong. I've not used Windows in the last several months.
    It works for folder as well..😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    How about cd to the folder you wanna superhide & then use
    I usually do this & it works.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Troll_So_Hard
    How about cd to the folder you wanna superhide & then use
    I usually do this & it works.
    It will work anyways. Since the switches are identified by their own names, their order doesn't matter.
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-#:Rather than banging my head on the different forms of answer ,would request you tell us any error you received after executing the command in command prompt.....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have several questions to ask that have intrigued me a lot..! -What's the best explanation for the phenomena Déjà vu(why and how does it occur?) -Why do our dreams...
I know a few people who do not like their name. I've wondered what makes people do not like their own names? Are you one of them? If yes, tell...
Heard about the holographic universe?? It's a hypothetical thoery on meta-physics created by the physicists David bohm and karl pribram. Take a look at this if you do not know...!...
This is Sivamonica studying ECE at Bs Abdur rahman univ in Chennai... I am basically more interest in craft works and sketching cartoon figures. I always used to collect updated...
I've been wondering why do people buy Amazon Kindle when they already have iPads and Android tablets? The apps are already available on both iOS and Android that let you...