HP Rules The PC Market Again. The PC Market Grows By 21%

Apple loves to count their iPads as 'computers' and claimed the #1 PC make spot. But HP has regained their position as the #1 PC manufacturer by shipping over 15.8 million personal computers in the first quarter of 2012. If you remove Apple's ~11 iPads then Apple is nowhere close in the competition and your regular brands viz. Lenovo, Acer and Dell form the top 5 PC makers.

The overall PC market seems to have grown by 21%; making us wonder whether Steve Jobs was right when he said that the Post PC era has arrived? In my opinion, personal computers are here to stay; at least by the end of this decade. What say you, people?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I do most of my work in a PC, both at work and at home. I do have a laptop, but its use is severely limited.

I think with PC, you have a lot more options. You can customize the hardware the way you want. There is no battery problems and chargers to worry about.. And you can get a PC with more powerful specs than a laptop for the same price.. Unless you are travelling all the time or you want access to your work, e-mail etc.. all the time, a PC is better than a laptop any day. Portability is the only thing in favor of the laptop, anyway..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I too prefer desktops over laptops or tablets. Talbets are still far from being used for some serious, productive work and have been designed to be your best entertainment companion. That's the main reason I believe Desktop PCs will stay at least for a decade.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The question is simple. We often base our decision on a simple requirement - 'everything'. But this question goes into specifics and what would be the most important factor that...
There is a scene in the movie, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, where Harry Potter writes a question in Tom Riddle's Diary and gets an answer. While watching...
can anyone please tell me what is the gate AIR or percentile or score cutoff for BHEL,NTPC,IOC?or send me a link where i can get that?
Real time collaborative text editor; Stypi has been acquired by Salesforce. The service will remain live for users and the engineering team at stypi will make sure that it integrates...
Here's an unique project idea that hostelites or students staying in dorms can try out as a mini-project. During his freshman year at UC Berkeley, this guy set out to...