How to study for exams without distractions? Engineers way?

The most difficult time of a student's life are unfortunately the exams. A month before the exams, students seem to be in frenzy of how to study, what to study and even where to study from. But above all, the question hanging like sword on their necks is - How to study without distractions? Every time you open that book, a WhatsApp message pops up or a Facebook notification demands your attention. Somebody starts playing loud music or the dark just won't stop barking. The list is endless.

However, over the years, I have found that all engineering students seem to have developed their own unique method of studying for examinations without a single distraction. Sometimes these methods work, but often they don't. And then students end up pulling all-nighters only a couple of days before the exam commences. 😁 Such a common sight, that is in hostels.

I believe there has to be an interesting way to shun off everything else and concentrate completely on the books and the syllabus. Every engineer currently studying for an exam coming up in next few months and every engineer who has gone through the 4 year long process of several examinations, has had to come up with ways for distraction-free studying.

We all have those particular hours when everything we read magically fits perfectly in our brain and we are able to reproduce it as expected in the examination paper.

Would love to hear the ways you study these days or have studied for exams in the past. Hoping to read some really good suggestions, tips and experiences. 👍

[HASHTAG]#HelpAnEngineer[/HASHTAG]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Uninstall How to get over whatsapp addiction?, Facebook, Quora and Twitter and stop posting photos of your books on Instagram - and you've solved 99% of your problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are scared to read the entire article because it looks VERY LONG, this article is meant for you. The whatsapp addiction is apparently becoming more dangerous than other...
A lot of dedicated CEans are seen writing well-composed responses and starting noteworthy discussions here on CE forums. It could be some debate topic or a solution to a technical...
Myself Sarath, Electronics and communication is my trade, I am working now as quality engineer for a MNC company In Bangalore, am having five years of experience. Other than work,...
Creating components that are critical to space missions on-the-go has been made possible by NASA engineers with their latest experiment of using the 3D printing technology in a Zero Gravity...
Lava Mobiles wants to dazzle its audiences with its new flagship device called 'Lava Icon' or 'Lava Iris Icon' smartphone. The company believes that the phone biggest USP is its...