How to solve this type of question?

Guys please help me out.

I would like to know how to solve cryptalgorithmic question?

SEND
+ MORE ------ = MONEY The same letters in this calculation mean the same digit.Can you replace all the letters with the respective digits in such a
way that the calculation is correct?

Replies

• *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Got the solution. These questions are very time consuming & difficult too 😔
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Here is another very satisfying arithmetic addition puzzle:

F O R T Y + T E N + T E N = S I X T Y

Each letter represents one digit from 0 to 9. When replaced by appropriate digits, the sum should still be correct.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    *pushkar*
    Guys please help me out. I would like to know how to solve cryptalgorithmic question? Like
    SEND + MORE = MONEY
    S + M has to be more than 10. THIS MEANS THAT S = 9 and M = 1. O has to be 0. E+0 gives N So there has to be a carry over of 1 from N+R. So E + 1 = N.
    N + R = 10 + E and a carry over from D + E. Solving this gives R = 8.
    Inspection gives e = 5 and N = 6. This leaves D = 7 and Y = 2.

The answer seems to be:
    9567 + 1085 = 10652

S=9, E=5, N=6, D=7, M=9, O=0, R=8, Y=2
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    *pushkar*
    Guys please help me out. I would like to know how to solve cryptalgorithmic question? Like

SEND + MORE = MONEY
    S + M has to be more than 10. This means that S = 9 and M = 1. O has to be 0. E+0 gives N So there has to be a carry over of 1 from N+R. So E + 1 = N.
    N + R = 10 + E and a carry over from D + E. Solving this gives R = 8.
    Inspection gives E= 5 and N = 6. This leaves D = 7 and Y = 2.
    The answer seems to be:
    9567 + 1085 = 10652

S=9, E=5, N=6, D=7, M=9, O=0, R=8, Y=2
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    ya i got it but its very time consuming question. Could not able to attempt in exams 😔
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    bioramani
    Here is another very satisfying arithmetic addition puzzle:

F O R T Y + T E N + T E N = S I X T Y

Each letter represents one digit from 0 to 9. When replaced by appropriate digits, the sum should still be correct.
    29786+850+850= 31486

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how to conduct unsteady state convection heat transfer experiment...????
Here's the latest video from Boston Dynamics for their Petman robot: [video=youtube;mclbVTIYG8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mclbVTIYG8E[/video] Maybe they'll have to call him Peta-man, since at this rate he'll need PetaFLOP processing power to convincingly...
Desktop reminder. File Size :- 14 MB Desktop Calendar and Planner Software will help you manage appointments, to-do lists, and schedules During start of Windows it lists all tasks, which...
And what is a good website to look for civil engineering jobs in the UK?
Any one know about the telugu "DOOKUDU" collections of hero prince mahesh babu and cute actress samantha😀