How to run JSP on XAMPP

I have installed xampp v1.8.1 on my laptop and i wanted to run few jsp pages using it. Can anyone please help with instructions on how to do that?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First make sure tomcat is installed, if not get the addon from: #-Link-Snipped-#

If required, configure tomcat port number to avoid conflict (should not be required, but better check) -
    Look for the following on tomcat install directory -

C:\xampp\tomcat\conf\server.xml

Check User Name and Password for Tomcat
    C:\xampp\tomcat\conf\tomcat-users.xml

Hope this helps.
  • Ashish Ahuja
    Ashish Ahuja
    Well thanks sir for the reply but the tomcat is already a part of the basic package with this version of xampp. And as per the codes mentioned above , these are as on my machine :

Should i change these to the ones mentioned by you? and after I do it, what should i do next to get a jsp page running on my browser window?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It'd be difficult to respond without knowing what the error is. Are you getting a blank page or some error?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    In case, if someone is still looking into this and facing an issue, I hope these step by step process can be of help -

1. Download Apache Tomcat addon #-Link-Snipped-#.
    2. Extract tomcat addon in Xampp server root directory
    3. Go to C://xampp/
    4. Stop all services of xampp
    5. Open shell and relocate all services
    6. Enable mod_jk and relocate
    7. Start the services
    8. In Xampp control panel you will see the tomcat service. Activate it.
    9. Click on admin and enter username and password as xampp and xampp
    10. There you go! Open tomcat admin!
  • keshav_1994
    keshav_1994
    I m new in making servlet and jsps...

previously i was using tomcat on eclipse now i want to shift it to xampp....

i have changeg the port of tomcat at eclipse nd my tomcat server has been started successfully although i didnt get the 5th point told by miss.ankita to relocate services....

but the problem is i am abe to get :-
    1) where to save jsp file (i saved in ht docs nd i did run it using localhost/calc.jsp)
    but it is showing me the code on browser rather dan the result of application... and the same application works fine on eclipse...

wat to do?
  • Ashish Ahuja
    Ashish Ahuja
    In order to run jsp with XAMPP you need to place your .jsp files in the webapps directory of your tomcat folder within your xampp installation folder.

{xampp_installation_folder}/tomcat/webapps

and use the #-Link-Snipped-#
    to run your .jsp file.
  • crusadersplanet
    crusadersplanet
    remove comments

remove
  • janardan kumhar
    janardan kumhar
    No need to change username and password ..
    1.) Remove comments from
    2.) Start Tomcat
    3.) Copy your page or project to xampp/tomcat/webapps/project-1
    4.) go to browser .. type .. locahost:8080/project-1

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The thing is i have been using Nokia 3110 Classic for about 5 years. And i think its time for me to change my phone, i searched and came to...
Boy o Boy! This is going to be a sad news for the lovers of Aakash - the $35 tablet that got fame all over the world as the 'Cheapest...
These days, I get surprised whenever an e-commerce website in India gets funded by venture capital firms. It looks like the VCs still believe that there's room for ecommerce websites...
In the description of an SDS rotary hammer such as "Makita HR3210C 1-1/4-Inch SDS-PLUS", what does the "1-1/4 inch" refer to? For an ordinary drill, the "1-1/4 inch" would be...
hey frns....hello i have a question abt micro controller 8051 programming.. suppose a switch is connected to pin p1.6 of 8051 and a buzzer is connected to pin p1.7. when...