How much should you save for the rainy day?

About two years ago, I had a very interesting discussion with a senior colleague of mine. The topic of the discussion was "How much should you save for the rainy day?"

Let's use percentages instead of real values for our discussion. What do you think?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    My opinion in this is ...

How much depends on individual wishes and wants.
    They are never fulfilled am i correct??

They keep on increasing day-by- day.

Well coming to me I want to save 0.00000 percent for a rainy day!!

One should face diffculties too in life wat say ??
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    @Biggie:
    As goes the saying"make hay while the sun shines" so save as much as you can because during rainy days may be you dont havee a chance to step out of the house so my answer is save as much as you can
    Any corrections please let me know.
  • Differential
    Differential
    swapnakumar
    @Biggie:
    As goes the saying"make hay while the sun shines" so save as much as you can because during rainy days may be you dont havee a chance to step out of the house so my answer is save as much as you can
    Any corrections please let me know.
    This way one may end up spending all sunny days to earn for rainy days and he won't get time for playing in sun. and what you have earned may be extra in rainy days. One might not have expected rainy days in his life.

One of the quotes I came across.

"In young age Man loases his health to earn money, and then loses money to earn health"
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Differential
    This way one may end up spending all sunny days to earn for rainy days and he won't get time for playing in sun. and what you have earned may be extra in rainy days. One might not have expected rainy days in his life.

One of the quotes I came across.

"In young age Man loases his health to earn money, and then loses money to earn health"
    I agree completely. Depending on other factors (like insurance policies, mediclaim, etc) what you save for a rainy day should be at least 10-15% of what you get in hand.
  • digitalchef
    digitalchef
    In the states I'd say it's at least $100k based on the cost of medical procedures (even if you have insurance). I'd keep some of it in gold though 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think their is a space for future tech.. their engg. express their new ideas........ this showes the creativity and invention...... this covers that what they thinks in future.... like...
Different types of sensors?differentiate between transducer & sensors?
hello CEans, myself sunil kannadipurath, persuing B.E in automobile dept. i m planning to for further studies , since just the with B.E certificate i wont be able to get...
hiii, i m a final year mechanical student, searching for a project or problem statement in field of non conventional and renewable energy sources of energy, pls suggest any application...
send me some new projects in electronics & telecommunication