Having IT skills won't give a job

The most important thing you must have with you is the strong referral links in big IT companies to get a job there or must be from a big educational institute. Here i devoted almost more than 5 years (parallel to education) in programming with lots of technologies such as - VB, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Java SE, Java EE, Servlet 3, JSF, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, EJB 3, CSS 3, JavaScript, PrimeFaces, HTML etc. But after completing B.Tech from Apex Institute Of Engineering & Technology Jaipur; i'm still jobless......

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-# . Getting a job in IT requires one game and working in it is another. To get an entry - you need to be good at aptitude and communication skills along with your technical knowhow. Also, instead of writing so many languages in your resume, I'd recommend writing only 5 that you think you are very good at.

Not having a job may have different interpretations. Like you passed the eligibility criteria from the academic point of view; but couldn't clear the technical rounds. Or you couldn't crack the aptitude. Or you didn't get an interview call.

Without knowing the details, we can't comment anything useful.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You know so many languages, you should try freelancing . probably you don't need any job also you will get to know your programming and project knowledge. Even you are not getting project try developing project by yourself.
    After having so knowledge on so many language you can even try on mobile apps for various platforms.

For the job, recent time is so called Slow Down Time.
    If I am not wrong you are still in Jaipur where a few serviced based companies are there. Suggest you to try in NCR or Bangalore region.
  • Ashish Chaudhary
    Ashish Chaudhary
    Yeah, sir i do freelancing from three years but now want to join a big organization like IBM, Accenture, L&T, Sapient etc... Moreover i have successfully completed more than a dozen of big projects. I have applied to almost all big companies through their career website but not even a single time i get contacted by them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mozilla Firefox 24 was unveiled today, and it includes several updates for the Android version of the browser. For the desktop users, the cluttered browser could be killed by clicking...
Google is well known in the developer community for their hackathons. Google and a Google-NASSCOM joint venture 10,000 startups is organising a 24 hour developer hackathon on 4th 5th October,...
Sony GTK-N1BT wireless speakers were first exhibited by the company at IFA, Berlin earlier this month. The speakers have finally hit Indian shores and have been priced at Rs 16,990/-....
Q. xyz+xyz+xyz=zzz Find the value of xyz? condition: values of xyz must be same throughout the expression.
Hi, i'm studying btech 4 year mechanical in India. I am preparing to write Gre as i'm interested in doing ms in US. As i went through many articles ,...