Haswell GPU - Will It Save Power?

I happened to read about Intel Haswell CPU and GPU on AnandTech. Not very familiar with the architecture myself, but a general question popped up in my head whether Haswell GPUs will provide for power saving just like the CPUs?

Anyone aware of Intel Haswell architecture may respond using simpler words so that majority of the folks here can understand.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Haswell GPU offers 25-30% boost than Ivy-bridge.They have increased the core-speed upto 200-215 MHz & have decreased the GPU clock speed which results in power-saving.(Power consumption increases exponentially as Clock speed increases.)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

New test dates for TOEFL iBTest are August 10, 16, and 31 and September 7, 13 and 27 in some cities in India. ETS has decided to waive late fee...
Do you remember 2011 Tokyo Earthquake, 2010 Chile, 2008 China, Earthquakes on J&K, Gujarat, California and many more? These are just a few I named here, but there were many...
Ever thought that how difficult it is for cleaning the glass of sky touching skycrappers with glass windows. Life of window cleaners just hangs on a rope. A group of...
In numerous threads at CE we discuss about greatness of Android and few other feels that Apple is the best. I was just wondering if we can collect those points...
Dear All, I want to know the permissible value of total harmonic distortion(%thd) of current and voltage. Regards, Aniruddha Fisfise.