Guest mode in LG G2

LG G2 has a guest mode - which when enabled lets you define what apps and sections of the phone will be accessible to the user. I think this is an important feature when you don't want people to mess up with your photos, access your text messages or any confidential notes you may have taken. I'm not aware of any other phone that has this feature.

The guest mode is quite customizable. It lets you pick up individual apps that you want to be accessible when the phone runs in the guest mode. There are no points to guess that you need to setup a phone lock option otherwise there's no use of the mode. A similar feature has been available in Windows 8 as 'Child mode' aka 'Kids Corner' - which is quite useful in accidental deletion of data & apps by kids.

I haven't seen the LG G2 yet; but if anyone of you is using it; please let us know more about it.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I think app lock is ,more convenient when compared to guest mode or child mode or kids corner because it will do the same job and what is special is that it can be used/installed in all android phones.What is the necessity for going to guest mode?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The moment I read this thread heading the same idea pops up that it can be done by different pattern, I always being one step behind 😳

This quite useful, and should be core android feature. Though I prefer notification bar should be readonly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is an English saying:'I would give my eyeteeth...' This seems to be becoming literally true with a tooth based implant that restores sight. https://www.qmed.com/news/blind-regain-sight-tooth-based-eye-implant?cid=nl.qmed01
Apple's expected to launch a cheaper iMac next year. Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI securities has revealed Apple's 2014 product roadmap. Kuo has been very accurate about announcing Apple's product launches...
Lava is on fire this year. The company is on a spree for its product launches. This time it's a tablet called LAVA E-Tab Ivory. Priced at Rs. 10,199, the...
No matter how our current technologies are advanced, there is still room for improvement and new hardware opens up new possibility of features in current gadgets. I suppose most of...
Universe Today's infographic on fifty amazing facts about Earth makes interesting reading: https://www.universetoday.com/101604/50-amazing-facts-about-earth/